Lookin into a 90 TGP...any thoughts?

TGP2069

Found one on autotrader for $5000 obo, it came down from 6 something I belive. It's black, 128k miles says it has WS6 suspension, sold for 28k new, someother random facts. Called the guy at one time and made it sound like the lower half the car was repainted...cant remember anyother information the guy said. Don't remember if it has any rust from any Minnesota winters...grrr better not.What does anyone think about this find?? I first looked at one a long time ago and LOVED it...I still like these rare cars and would love to own one...any idea or tips on what its worth or what to watch for? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks! :D

5k is a bit much for the miles it has....heck there are some on the foum with allkinds of upgrades forsale for 4-5K

ws6 no it should have y99 or fe3,fe9

check the ABS, temp it runs at smell the trans fluid, check for leaks normal car things look at.....

yeah the suspension is what I thought was werid...could you even put that in a TGP?? and it still stands at obo, so im sure if i check later it will come down in price again...

I paid $1900 for TWO of them, not the best of shape but Black Sunshine is a 5 sp. that was rebuilt w/ a kevlar/ceramic clutch, BOV, Custom Chip, yada, yada, yada. Has 132K. So, 5K is too much.

5k for sure sounds to high. has he replaced the cross pipe yet?? if not there goes another $600-700. i would try to talk him down. my tgp has 93 or 94,000 on it but it has bad paint and minor hail dents and im hopefully gonna get at least 700 for it 1500 would be awesome.

The TGP prototype was officially designated to have a WS6 suspension package. I don't know if that was a marketing ploy or not. I don't believe there to be an RPO code for WS6 though.

Correct, no WS6 for TGP production, only the Y99 and other suspension parts such as sway bars and spring sizes. The proto-type had the same looking deeper double-lipped rims (we do not have) as the WS6 on the TA, maybe that was the take somewhat on that and to use something others were familiar/impressed with on the TA like Chris says, but all in all the TGP setup could be thought as a WS6 level of suspension tune for a Grand Prix.

Jeff M