01 Intrigue Front Collision

virtuetovice

Pics coming shortly but it's been looked at and can be fixed. The worst part of the damage is the radiator support. It's gonna have to be cut out and replaced. The main thing I want to know is if it can be bolted in and still be as structurally sound as spot welds?

Any other advice?

Check back for pics

I replaced the, should say my dad replaced the Core support in the cutlass. He welded it in. I'm not sure how sound bolting it in would be. But I don't know if I'd risk it.

I'm in Virginia, quite a trek from CT but thanks for such a gracious offer. I will say CT is a nice place, been there before and there are lots of nice people such as yourself. Very pleasant. :biggrin:

On a side note, the car's name is now "Frankintrigue" :lol:

CT is a nice place

Please tell me what your on. It's strong and I want some. the only thing nice about CT in my view is the beauty of the state itself. many many many self-indulgent pricks here.

Please tell me what your on. It's strong and I want some. the only thing nice about CT in my view is the beauty of the state itself. many many many self-indulgent pricks here.

It's like the pot calling the kettle black!!

Pics coming shortly but it's been looked at and can be fixed. The worst part of the damage is the radiator support. It's gonna have to be cut out and replaced. The main thing I want to know is if it can be bolted in and still be as structurally sound as spot welds?

Any other advice?

Check back for pics

The damage to your car is way beyond back yard repair. The radiator support definately needs to be replaced, and the right front upper rail looks wasted as well. Your car will need to be set on a frame rack, pulled square, and then have the damaged parts cut off before welding on the new parts. If you can find a body shop to do the structural work, you could then re assemble it yourself and save some big bucks. Don't attempt to do any repair/replacement of parts until you have had the car pulled square, and definately do not bolt the rad support in place!! Edited by Mark 97 Cutlass Coupe