First post...

DeltaSteve

Very nice site. Thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I'm presently living in Romania and driving my trusty 1994 Delta LSS with 190K miles on the ticker. I've had it since 2003 when it only had 78K miles.

It traveled with me to Moscow, Russia and got me around for nearly 4yrs there. I've got a picture of it with St. Basil's Cathedral in the background, but haven't yet got around to mailing it to the woman who sold me the car (and who also told me that she's selling it because "it's unreliable.") :think:

Anyway, hello to everybody, and I hope all are doing well. Steve.

EDIT>Oh, and I just bought a 1997 SSEI so I'd have a car when I visit the States. :D

Edited by DeltaSteve
Adding vehicle

The Delta LSS and the Bonneville aren't on the W-body...

Anyways, Welcome! :D

That's true, but since I bought the Bonneville from the site administrator, I took a [little] liberty...:D

While this maybe be strictly a W-body site, that's not to say that most of us don't have some sort of fondness for most GM shitboxes :lol:

Welcome to the site. Post up some pictures!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I was assigned a new 1998 Grand Prix (work related, in 1998) and drove it for three years before getting a new 2001 Grand Prix replacement and driving it several more years. A black one and a maroon one. Would have pulled the trigger and bought both if my cash situation at the time permitted it. Unfortunately it didn't. Really liked the style of car. Also like the mid-90's Cutlass, both the 2-door and the convertible; and enjoy looking at photos of the vehicles. However, the site required me to be a member before I could take a peek at the gallery, etc, so here I am.

I do realize this is a W-body forum, so I'll keep a low profile. In the meantime, I intend on enjoying the pics frequently. Thanks again, Steve.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I was assigned a new 1998 Grand Prix (work related, in 1998) and drove it for three years before getting a new 2001 Grand Prix replacement and driving it several more years. A black one and a maroon one. Would have pulled the trigger and bought both if my cash situation at the time permitted it. Unfortunately it didn't. Really liked the style of car. Also like the mid-90's Cutlass, both the 2-door and the convertible; and enjoy looking at photos of the vehicles. However, the site required me to be a member before I could take a peek at the gallery, etc, so here I am.

I do realize this is a W-body forum, so I'll keep a low profile. In the meantime, I intend on enjoying the pics frequently. Thanks again, Steve.

Welcome! We have members who don't even have GM cars at all, so no need to keep a low profile!

Welcome! We have members who don't even have GM cars at all, so no need to keep a low profile!

x2!

If I may ask, what took you to Romania?

Welcome! Very nice cars you've driven there. I'm also Romanian. I was born there in Jibou, lived there for 5 years, and right before the revolution, my dad ran away, risked his life, and moved us all to the US. Nice to hear from another Romanian.

x2!

If I may ask, what took you to Romania?

I'm an American assigned to the U.S. State Department. Got posted to Moscow first, but quickly tired of the 'Bolsheviks' and their traffic. (Quickly didn't mean much, as I still spent nearly 4yrs there.) Frequent travel in Central Asia and the Mid East, then finally managed to transfer to Eastern Europe and environs. Been here about four months of an anticipated 3yrs or so. Much nicer.

For xtremerevolution; you have a very nice country, though Bucharest isn't an accurate descripter of how nice the countryside is. Transylvania is a hoot, and the topless women at the beach in Catantsa ain't bad either :biggrin:

I'm an American assigned to the U.S. State Department. Got posted to Moscow first, but quickly tired of the 'Bolsheviks' and their traffic. (Quickly didn't mean much, as I still spent nearly 4yrs there.) Frequent travel in Central Asia and the Mid East, then finally managed to transfer to Eastern Europe and environs. Been here about four months of an anticipated 3yrs or so. Much nicer.

For xtremerevolution; you have a very nice country, though Bucharest isn't an accurate descripter of how nice the countryside is. Transylvania is a hoot, and the topless women at the beach in Catantsa ain't bad either :biggrin:

That's got to be a cool gig. I started trying to teach myself Russian a couple years back using free online lessons, but I kind of lost time and interest.

Would you plan on bringing the Delta back with you if you ever get back in country?