stock stereos

Psych0matt

So heres the issue, I took out the DVD player because I'm probably going to sell it, but I have three stock ones I can put it, however:

I have a factory one from the era, I think out of the sedan, but it appears that the tape player doesn't want to work (I would just toss a tape adapter for my phone in, which is what I always use)

The second is from an '01 or '02, I dunno from what, pontiac theft lock. Doesn't plug in

The third is a delcolock from something old, I don't remember where I got this one. It's dirty but looks complete, but all I get is "LOC"

I'd prefer to use the delcolock one because it has the better eq and etc. It also seems that the one plug doesn't plug in, but I assume that's for the steering wheel controls, which I can live without

I just need something in it for music, since my cd player is in the sedan since I drive that every day. Thoughts?

Edited by Psych0matt

Without looking, I don't know...but what about eBay? Are there any good ones on there cheap?

Otherwise I would be 90% sure that junk yard out in Millington might have some cars of that era still since the guy doesn't get rid of anything. If you'd want to go out there and at least look I'd be able to drive.

Meh, I don't really want to buy one, but if I did I couldn't afford more than like $10 right now, unless I sold the DVD player and kept a little aside. I'm gonna go try and put the one from the sedan back in, but I vaguely remember the tape player being stupid.

Sounds like the Theftlock is activated on the one that is reading LOC. You may be able to get the code from the dealership if you give them the serial number off the radio. But thats a big maybe, since I know they usually pull that code from the VIN.

Sounds like the Theftlock is activated on the one that is reading LOC. You may be able to get the code from the dealership if you give them the serial number off the radio. But thats a big maybe, since I know they usually pull that code from the VIN.

I'm thinking you'd have to have them reprogram it. We did that for my grandma when I bought her a CD/ cassette for her '02 Impala and it was locked. They charged $45 for it.

Jeremy, I saw that multiple places, but I couldn't ever get it to get out of LOC mode. It's not a delco-LOC II, it's an original, I'm thinking it might have been from my brothers fiero