Wireless Key Fob

mickyads92

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help that I receive. Recently I had purchased a 2000 Buick Regal GSE that had been tucked away and sitting in a barn for 3 years. The odometer as well as the driver information center was busted so mileage was unknown. The exhaust system was non-existent but the car was mostly in tact. I purchased the car for 800$, the previous owner handed me a door key and the ignition key, no key fob. I was able to find the procedure on how to program the key fobs, but once i get the 3 "confirmation chimes". My uncle has given me a handful of GM key fobs to try to program, all of them have new batteries in them (yes I put the batteries in correctly) but I have yet to be able to successfully program a key fob and pair it with the car. Does it matter what model number the key fob is? Do I need something specific? Thanks for your help!

search for the correct key fob on ebay for your year and car. Check a couple to make sure they are the same, then take that number and check all the fobs you have to see if they match.