BXX

What Should I Do For The Roof??  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Should I Do For The Roof??

• Replace with stock non-sunroof panel from junkyard
    • T-Top!!!
    • Targe Top!
    • Make It A Vert!

Pretty simple, aftermarket sunroof install was bad, roof panel is pretty much trashed and collapsed. So I figure why just replace the panel when I can add some more effort and make it different:thumbsup:

Take into account with Option 1, I dont want a sunroof car as I would be left with scraps of busted sunroof assemblies from the junkard, and getting a new one installed would easily exceed $1000 to have one done properly after I replace the entire panel with a un-damaged one

Edited by BXX

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BXX

• jake91

• GOT2B GM

• urbex

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Anthony, you bitch when people get on your case......... don't dish it if you can't take it.

/derail

lol. option 5. bob strips the tgp and sells it because he runs out of "interest" ?... i don't see that option.

I have full complete interest in this one. Last one, living situation got in the way.

Im leaning towards Targa Top. Although T-top might be easier if F-body panels follow the roof curve closely.

Chassis regidity isnt an issue. Rockers and unibody rails are getting reinforced no matter what. Car will prolly sport a 8-point cage (no halo bars) so Vert option is kinda the least likey.

However vote away, cause the winner is what will happen to the car:thumbsup: Ill prolly be ready to start on it within a month.

Regardless of the available poll options, replacing with an OEM sunroof roof panel would be the best open top option.

Regardless of the available poll options, replacing with an OEM sunroof roof panel would be the best open top option.

Yeah, but thats stock.. I haz a nice new welder and need a reason to really use it and want to do something different:lol:

I agree. Would look the best IMO

I can't imagine t-tops looking good at all.....how do you plan on making the doors "work" cosmetically with any of the options other than replacing with stock ??

I can't imagine t-tops looking good at all.....how do you plan on making the doors "work" cosmetically with any of the options other than replacing with stock ??

Basically they would be modified the same way Vert doors were.

After this the TT LT1 goes in

Im sorry, I dont even see you attempting to do anything to your rides:thumbsup: The past is the past. I think we over that:thumbsup:

Im damn near tempted to go RWD, but a proper rear Diff and custom axles isnt in the budget.

I have nothing but time to burn on this car guys. Thats why im wanting to do a top mod with it.

I think a T-top would be a great, and different, way to go. That's my vote!

Or get REALLY crazy and go for gull-wing doors on a modified stock replacement roof.

I think a T-top would be a great, and different, way to go. That's my vote!

Or get REALLY crazy and go for gull-wing doors on a modified stock replacement roof.

Naw, I gotta be able to get outta the car in parking lots:lol:

just do similar to a targa top, but leave the doors alone. Basically, a giant sunroof panel that you can pop in and out :dunno:

Naw, that would be retarded. Plus it wont be hard to copy what was done on the vert doors, since I have one to compare anytime I start scratching my head.