amp bad?

pwmin

Yeah, they're seriously nothing alike. They aren't the same sub and they don't have the same design. Different by a long shot. He probably saw the spec on the GTA-400M. You do have the GTA-800M right? You have a 4 ohm impedance, and at that impedance, the GTA-400M can deliver 250W, and the GTA-800M can deliver 500W.

You should at least get some good sound out of it. I wish I could help you more, but I'd have to see your setup in person.

he actually copied and pasted the specs for the 800 that says, among other things, 500@4

it should at least hit a little harder w/ it since it seems to be putting out more power than the Boston

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pwmin

• xtremerevolution

• Garrett Powered

• white4d96

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he actually copied and pasted the specs for the 800 that says, among other things, 500@4

it should at least hit a little harder w/ it since it seems to be putting out more power than the Boston

Yeah, your boston has an issue. Sucks to hear. Hopefully Boston Acoustics won't give you any trouble about it. I'd be pretty pissed.

I'm getting there...if they'd just answer my email. I really need to just call, but I'm not going to have any time two the next couple of days.

hooked up the Dayton to the LA amp and it's definitely hitting harder than on the Boston, but obviously it doesn't push it enough to hit real hard...less than the MTX, but that's to be expected. I hooked the MTX back up until I get the Boston replaced. Might buy my cousin's e1800D if they don't have another or I decide to just get my money back, but the Boston (when working properly) might be a better amp.

Find a good used nine.1! No wait that's too much power... but god I love mine. Feeds my 10" Polk Momo a solid 450 watts all day long at 4 ohms. Boy now that I think about it that's not much power... but of course I didn't buy it to run at 4 ohms I bought it to push my old JL's at 1 ohm and it did that in a FANTASTIC way.

Hopefully Boston comes through for you! I've gotten bad amps out of the box too it sucks. Honestly it's probably the shipping. Fed-ex/UPS aren't always careful with packages and like xtreme said amps are picky about too much vibration and rough handling.

I sure wish eDesigns would still make amps!

Yeah, I've seen them do crazy things to MY packages, like toss boxes w/ live fish and carry them upside down.

damn Boston still hasn't written me back. I emailed a person I was talking to before and their general weborder email and still nothing after days. I should have some time next week to call. frustrating. I'd be pissed if I didn't have the old system working.

finally wrote me back only to tell me I have to call the support line. What kind of shit is that? I'm always too busy to make a long phone call during the week because of work and shit and they're only open during the week.

Edited by pwmin

Yeah, that's pretty annoying. When I called their support line, they were pretty helpful though, so I hope you have the same experience I had.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY got to call them. The guy kept asking me what I had the amp set at and I kept telling him I tried all the settings, lol. He finally put me over to the shipping people and they set up a RMA for me. He asked me if it was under 30 days. I said sure then I looked and I'm right at 30, but the warranty is actually 90, so I'm not sure what he was talking about. Anyway, should be getting another one pretty soon and if this one doesn't push it enough, I'm coming after you, Andrei :lol:

FINALLY got to call them. The guy kept asking me what I had the amp set at and I kept telling him I tried all the settings, lol. He finally put me over to the shipping people and they set up a RMA for me. He asked me if it was under 30 days. I said sure then I looked and I'm right at 30, but the warranty is actually 90, so I'm not sure what he was talking about. Anyway, should be getting another one pretty soon and if this one doesn't push it enough, I'm coming after you, Andrei :lol:

Lol, the amp should push it plenty fine, haha. Now, the sub in that box is not terribly efficient, but you should still be able to get some pretty good output out of it.

either that or Lightning Audio amps are better than Boston Acoustics, lol.

Eh, unlikely, but who knows. Without actually being able to listen to it myself, I can only speculate so much.

Eh, unlikely, but who knows. Without actually being able to listen to it myself, I can only speculate so much.
I heard they're actually made by MTX. I'm sure BA are much better plus they're rated totally different.

Alright, this is pissing me off. I called last week, they said they were going to email me an RMA w/in a day...nothing yet. So, I just called them and they refer me to George Meyer to look at it, so I have to pay to send out something that doesn't work out of the box. WTF? Why can't they just send me a shipping label to send it back and give me another one? Bullshit, I think.

Fosgate actually makes Lightning. That being said, Boston SHOULD be the better amp.
ya, sorry, you're right. I was recalling incorrectly.

Jeez that sucks man.
I emailed the lady I was talking to via e-mail that told me to call the number and she's going to talk to the person I did the first time and get an RMA for me...at least that's what she said, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

well, i emailed them back asking if they sent out a new one yet as it was over a week since they received it according to FedEx and haven't gotten a reply yet, but I just check my cc and is was refunded...wish I would have known that :roll: might just buy the JL from my cousin

well, i emailed them back asking if they sent out a new one yet as it was over a week since they received it according to FedEx and haven't gotten a reply yet, but I just check my cc and is was refunded...wish I would have known that :roll: might just buy the JL from my cousin

Since they refunded you, chances are they won't be sending you another one. They probably ran out of those and don't have anymore to send you.

I'd just run with the JL your cousin is selling if it can deliver at least 500W RMS.

• 3 weeks later...

arg, so frustrating not having any money...absolutely no money. All the money that got refunded by Boston needed to be used for something else. Still stuck w/ my old crap and it's starting to sound weird. I need to talk to my cuz' to see if we can work something out w/ the JL so I can get it soon.

arg, so frustrating not having any money...absolutely no money. All the money that got refunded by Boston needed to be used for something else. Still stuck w/ my old crap and it's starting to sound weird. I need to talk to my cuz' to see if we can work something out w/ the JL so I can get it soon.

Sell the old equipment?