will 2002 grand prix torque stars fit on a 1996 cutlass supreme?

96CuttySupremeSL

the cutlass came with 215/60/16 tires but the grand prix's 225/60/16 is the alternate size with the bigger 3.4 engine??

I think the rims are a half inch wider and maybe more offset to allow for this?:think:

Peter

Absolutely not without bolt-on offset spacers.

Rims are the same width, offset is off by a mile.

215 vs. 225 with profile and diameter being the same isn't a difference to worry about.

thanks to you both for your quick replies

I think I might need to find out which model grand prix these came off of

when I put a grand prix "sedan" into tire rack .com I get the exact same rim as a 96 cutlass supreme?!@#$?

anyway the seller will let me test fit the wheels

I may try to get the offset and or back space of my wheels and then see if the seller can do the same err how do I measure this??

Peter

(it'll still be an old man sedan with "sport package rims"!!

Peter,

I've done this. Don't waste his time.

The brake caliper will go right through the spokes when you're done test fitting them.

Tirerack makes assumptions, FWD car = front wheel drive offset, I've even had a rim shop basically admit that they'd try and sell me rims that wouldn't fit (they'd order and then return them since it was their fault), but it's one of those things.

http://driftjapan.com/blog/car-parts/wheel-spacers/

post-3304-143689069259_thumb.jpg

See the thing at the top right of this pic. That's a bolt-on offset adapter, that's what you'll need to make this work. There's at least one guy on this forum who has this setup. Not many places make a true 115mm X 5 adapter, if you cheat and go 4.5" in and out, they're still $50 a pair minimum, some places $50 each.

Something to keep in mind.

Many +30-35mm rims will go both on the 2002 Grand Prix and the 1996 Cutlass Supreme, but that doesn't mean that Grand Prix wheels can go on the Cutlass.

Peter,

I've done this. Don't waste his time.

The brake caliper will go right through the spokes when you're done test fitting them.

Tirerack makes assumptions, FWD car = front wheel drive offset, I've even had a rim shop basically admit that they'd try and sell me rims that wouldn't fit (they'd order and then return them since it was their fault), but it's one of those things.

http://driftjapan.com/blog/car-parts/wheel-spacers/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4720[/ATTACH]

See the thing at the top right of this pic. That's a bolt-on offset adapter, that's what you'll need to make this work. There's at least one guy on this forum who has this setup. Not many places make a true 115mm X 5 adapter, if you cheat and go 4.5" in and out, they're still $50 a pair minimum, some places $50 each.

Something to keep in mind.

Many +30-35mm rims will go both on the 2002 Grand Prix and the 1996 Cutlass Supreme, but that doesn't mean that Grand Prix wheels can go on the Cutlass.

This is one reason to heavily compare the offset of any wheel you buy. I did order a set of rims for my 2000 Regal on TireRack and they fit perfectly. If anything, they stick out a very slight bit more, giving the car a much more aggressive stance. However, I did make sure to look at the offset before ordering, and most cars on tirerack that you search for rims for will not have the same offset. I tried looking for a 1st gen grand prix and a 2nd gen Regal, and the available wheels are entirely different with entirely different offsets.

I have done this actually... The rears will bolt up fine, however the will sit in the wheel well by almost 2.5 inches and in the front, you will have to install longer wheel studs if you dont wanna buy the bolt on spacers... But you will still need a 3/4 inch spacer in the front to clear the caliper... Even with all that, the front wheel sit in the wheel well pretty far