replacing component speakers with 2 or 3 way speakers on 94 regal

regalman

I am going to get a new HU and replace door speakers, When i wire the new speakers up, will there be a problem wiring the new ones in, since the orignal ones are components?

they have separate wires for the tweeters and the woofers, which wires do I connect or do I have to spilce them together since I will only have one speaker is the door? will my new HU have wiring to connect the components up if I do not scrap them, they still sound good to me. Thanks for the adice.

I am going to get a new HU and replace door speakers, When i wire the new speakers up, will there be a problem wiring the new ones in, since the orignal ones are components?

they have separate wires for the tweeters and the woofers, which wires do I connect or do I have to spilce them together since I will only have one speaker is the door? will my new HU have wiring to connect the components up if I do not scrap them, they still sound good to me. Thanks for the adice.

There won't be a problem at all, I did it to my regal and didn't have any issues. Just be careful what components you choose if you decide to replace them. Some will need more power than what your head unit can deliver in order to sound good. And yes, you can just replace your head unit and have the speakers work automatically, so long as you get the wiring on the harness adapter done right.

I would recommend replacing your head unit having a listen. You may be very surprised at how good your factory speakers sound on a new head unit.