Thing's getting done

GRANDFURY

Alright I've got an O2 sensor and a crank sensor on order I'm going to put them in tomorrow and I actually got use of a gargae :) I'm also going to do an oil change and run some engine treatmeant through it any tips on what brand to use? So thursday night on the way home from work there was a back up on the 401 and my fukn' car died on the highway.........at least I could get it on the shoulder and an hour later it started fine and got me home then it died in tim horton's drivethrough :oops: So I think i'm goin to solve all the prob's tomorrow. I checked my EGR and when I pressed on the diaphram the engine stumbled so it is good from what I gather any way i'll keep ya posted on what goes on tommorrw..... thats for the advice guys so I can get this done you guys have been a huge help.......W-BODY RULES :twisted:

Have fun and good luck solving the problems. I have to change my 02 sensor and crank sensor soon too, my crank sensor is ok except I'm leaking oil from it, at least I think so. Did you buy the parts at Canadian Tire? I was quoted 31$ for the crank sensor at CT.

yeah thats where i got it they always have the parts and they are pretty cheap.....but sometimes you gotta deal with people that don't know what your talking about :lol: I'm hoping everthing goes good it should either way i'll post stuff tomorrow

Fucking old crank sensor is stuck in the engine I cant get it out but the bolt hole piece on the old one broke off :evil: I can't get plliers in there and a screwdriver wont pry it out either so WTF does everthing have to be a hassle or what :? Anyway I'm going to just try to pry it out and any help on this would be great guys i'm hurting here

Shit this is starting to scare me, I read so many of these posts about people changing their crank sensor and the thing breaks in half. I hope it doesn't happen to me. GrandFury if you don't have any luck try using some JB Weld or crazy glue and put attach a bolt to it, then pull it out . By the way are you doing this from the top or from the bottom?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA FINALLY I got it done I just pryed onit with a flathead screwdrivewr and it eventually poped out it was all balck and the little metal tip on the end was cracked and brown tried to wipe it off but it was perma-brown. anyways new one went in fine and my O2 sensor (the old one ) was just hand tight in the hole so I put the new one in and tightend it up so it is in there snug just like I do at work. Oil change ......well if I had trouble with that I souldn't be working on my car :lol: It started up fine and runs fine but it seems to pick up quicker and it doesn't feel like it has as much torque as it did before :? so now it is just wait and see if it stalls again.....oh yeah sorry theres no pics but my mom lost her digi (that I gave her) so when I was there I couldn't take any but hope to get some up soon so I can show you guys my interior 8) THANX ALOT GUYS you helped out ALOT..........W-BODY'S KICK ASS :twisted:

GP 86' I did it from the bottom with a trouble on the top of the block so I could everthing it helped out alot, I could feel it from the top but from underneath it I could see everything fine...little tight though and I brunt my arm on something up there :lol: should've let it cool down more :)

sure wish i would have remembered to look for my CPS when i had my car apart this last week.

with motor rotated, plenum, lower intake and valve covers off it was a breeze to do the rear plugs. :D

oh well gotta have something else to do later.

Monty