Here is some pic's of the 94+rear brakes WITH e-brake

STR

The passenger side looks like it worked, but the driver side looks like you had to bust up & bend the cable at the crimp to make it work, and it still looks real tight. Do you think the cable will work very long at a right angle like that? I would think it would rub through before too long.

The passenger side looks like it worked, but the driver side looks like you had to bust up & bend the cable at the crimp to make it work, and it still looks real tight. Do you think the cable will work very long at a right angle like that? I would think it would rub through before too long.

the cable was like that to begin with. works great!

• 3 months later...

Ok found the pics.

I have to say that I don't care for that cable either. In this state, i would fail the cable for inspection. Don't know about elsewhere. I think that was one of the reasons I used the newer cables. I'm gonna look into using the newer cables with the older pbrake lever. The cables don't cost very much and I think it makes for a really good install. Its been so long since I've looked at it, but, do you think that the driver side cable from the newer car would work, i really can't remember the setup.

Chris

Ok found the pics.

I have to say that I don't care for that cable either. In this state, i would fail the cable for inspection. Don't know about elsewhere. I think that was one of the reasons I used the newer cables. I'm gonna look into using the newer cables with the older pbrake lever. The cables don't cost very much and I think it makes for a really good install. Its been so long since I've looked at it, but, do you think that the driver side cable from the newer car would work, i really can't remember the setup.

Chris

As i said, that STOCK cable was already broke. Why buy new cables if yours maybe alright?

Chris

As i said, that STOCK cable was already broke. Why buy new cables if yours maybe alright?

I understand that. Its been said a few times. From what I remember when I did mine, the cable would probably be on a sharp bend anyway, because originally it came down over the top of the caliper, not in from the side. So the stock cable would have to make a sharp corner and wasn't long enough to fit easily. I wish I had taken pics of it at the time, but I just swapped in all new stuff, mostly because at the time no one said it could be done.

So I have all new parking brake stuff, some have the older stuff. Moreover, I think that regardless of whether the cable was already broken or not, it will put alot of strain on that area of the cable. Parking brake cables need to make gentle curves, not sharp ones. Just my opinion. I'm glad it worked on your car. Again, IMHO, I think the best setup would be the old lever and front cable with new/updated rear cables, or a reconfigured bracket on the driver side to reduce the strain on the cable.

Chris