"Performance" Ignition Coils...anyone try them?

Thundernuts1979

Ok, so I have seen these on the Autozone website for some time now and am wondering, Has anyone tried them? do they make a difference over the cheaper coils, or factory coils, I am not looking for stats...but actually did anyone really FEEL a difference with them? are they worth a shot?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Accel-Ignition-Coil-Performance/1995-Chevrolet-Lumina-Sedan-Coupe/_/N-j1f5lZa0466?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=coil&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=188828_92202_0_

No one I've heard using them has said they can feel a difference. And honestly my guess is they come from they all come from the same supplier and are just rebranded MSD, Accel, generic aftermarket, etc. If you need to replace coils it'd be alright to buy them, it can't hurt, but I would definitely not buy them if your stockers are fine. Most people who buy the performance ones are after the look. The red MSD ones look especially good with red wires:

2453344_3_full.jpg

That is what I figured...I am probably going to replace the coils soon anyway as I am doing a major tune up and don't mind spending some money on her..lol..If I go with them I will let everyone know if they make any difference...but again the ole Butt dyno isn't always accurate

the "performance" coils tend to not last very long, and provide no actual performance benefit over the Delco units...

GM built a hell of a DIS system.

Ive got MSD. No real problems with it yet. The only ability I see is that I can run a higher boost with them. but it could be just because they are new and not old tired coil packs