Boring body line? Change to retro mid-sixties.

Dr.J.Hyde

I vote get another deck lid and keep the original (if it's that rare and you desire to keep it). That way you can sport the look of the lip spoiler (which looks best IMO) and still keep whatever value the rack may or may not add. :thumbsup:

compnine.com All you need is serial number, it will give you SPID and at the bottom has how many exactly like yours, how many have at least the same options.

Don't know about 88-89 but just the fact that it's dark garnet red leather, without sunroof, that reduces the numbers so much, medium red/platinum, even less, then luggage rack.........rare. I used to order cars when I worked for Saturn of Honolulu, so I'm very familiar with what you need to get on the lot, that will be the easiest to sell. Every dealer is allocated X amount of cars in each line, by how many cars your dealership averages, and how well you do on the customer satisfaction ratings. So it has to be determined which cars with what options, will move quick with the highest profit, cause you only get a few choices per shipment. Red cars move slow, a few people love em, but lots more don't, at least if given a choice they'd pick the other. It's the hardest to care for(dealer doesn't own the cars, the bank does, if a car stays on the lot too long, it's cost keeps going up with interest compounding daily. Red cars are most likely to become old units compared to all the other colors. And red leather! OK so if your gonna order red/red your gonna load it up so there's a bigger profit margin. When you think of loaded, leather and sunroof come together, right? My dad hated the thought of having a sunroof, why would anybody WANT to put a hole in the roof? Anyway, I don't know how my dad was able to convince Dick Mullican(dealership in Oregon, my dad searched for dealers from his house in Maryland) to order this car the way he wanted, cause they don't want to wait 3 months for a car to come in, they want to sell you something they got that's close enough to what you want. Legally they can't force you to buy the car that was ordered for you, they will just try like hell to keep your deposit for backing out, but they can't, some customers fold under true pressure, most won't, if they changed their mind about getting the car, their not going to change it back cause the dealer is pissed. So you see, ordering a car for somebody, that you don't think you can get rid of quickly if they back out, is a big gamble. This was a major gamble for Dick Mullican, but his patience paid off after three months wait, cause I'm sure my dad paid full list price to get it. Dad knew it would be rare, he told me, but I laughed inside cause I figured yeah right 1 of 20,000 I guess....and this was when he turned it over to me in 94. A rare classic was the furthest thing I could have imagined. I feel a little bad that I didn't show him the appreciation for it that he had. I loved it cause he loved it, but I wasn't excited like he was, I wish he could see it now!

Yes, i certainly had intended to go that route, that's why I had it mostly removed for ten years, with the holes plugged. I left it sitting in front of the house without doing anything. Now finding a trunk in one of our junk yards is not very likely. I was given a deadline to make it go away, so I did what I had to do. Damned if I'm gonna put 14 plugs and the lip. Damned if I'm gonna live without seeing the lip on it before it goes. You have to understand, this car didn't have the choice in 90 to have the lip. I got it in 94 when I had seen some with the lip. Like I said, it didn't excite me the way it was. So anyway, the thread was about the stripes, not the trunk! LOL

I never use the rack on mine. lol I probably never will 'cause I don't like putting things (like, well, luggage, for example. lol) on the outside of my car.