HUD On My TGP

dkorinko

The heads up display on my TGP has not worked since i bought the car but i was wondering if maybe it was an easy fix, it lights up and everything, I can see it very clearly but nothing ever changes on it..Everything just stays the same all the time....any ideas???

Best bet would be to find a used one. It needs to be rebuild and would cost around $250. Resoldering it like other GM parts isn't likely to help and its quite compicated on the hud.

'88 Chevy Beretta GTU with TGP turbo system. Originaly installed on a 2.8, now on 3.1. Ceramic coated turbo, intake ,VCovers. Hose dress up kit, Custom intake pipe, Gforce tires, ported heads, ported ex-manafolds. 3in dp on out pending..

I noticed you have a 88 GTU by any chance are you using the rims on it? if not want to sell me one? if so do you need 3 others in decent shape...

I had an 88 GTU and I parted it out but someone stold one of the rims I was going to put them on my 93 Lebaron but I only have 3.....and im interested in finding a 4th or selling the 3 I have...

I haven't been able to find internal diagrams. I could probably get a picture of the inside. I don't know what is failing inside. I tried resoldering one with this problem and it didn't work. It was quite a bit more complicated than some other components. I sent it out for an estimatee and it had to be completely redone.

So it displays..eh...then it might be the input device...but I would still like to know which chips it uses and such...mabe I could cross refrence it or find the chips for it to get them going again. Are they Delco chips by any chance?

yeah...EVERYTHING shows up on the window, it shows that my brights are on, both my turn signals are on, I have low fuel and whatever else the HUD is supposed to display its all up there...the MPH numbers are all zero's with a line from the top left corner to the bottom right. Someone said something about an input line being loose, or off...That would make sense but where could i look for this line??? Any help to get this thing fixed would be great.