Smoked Tail Lights....

mhildebrand

I like it without. And im not complaining too much on this car. Bought i with 44,000mi 5 years ago for $1,900. Only work ive done was breaks all around about 3 years ago, and last year the LIM was leaking so i took it all the way down to the head gaskets. I thought about pro tinting it, but for $12 for Niteshades, and $13 for clearcoat, cant beat it.

Edited by mhildebrand

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boy

Edited by Paul Kersey

Mine are not flat. I wet sanded the lights before i shaded them, after the shade and before the clear, and 5 coats of clear, followed by wet sanding and buffing. They are as shinny as my clear on the car.

All work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyAll work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boyall work and no play makes jack a dull boy

Edited by Paul Kersey

sorry I should have been more clear "around here" meaning around the area I live in.

Yeah most people I see with Nightshaded tails have glopped it on, it's flat and you can't see the lights.

Yours look good though :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

I took these this morning after i posted the others. They are not the best. Only camera that i have is on the Ipod.

post-5966-143689120406_thumb.jpg

One thing about the plexi that I don't like is it's static charge, dust stuck to it pretty bad this morning. I drove on about 3 miles of gravel and they were pretty much tan from the dust.

I haven't decided if i want them darker or not. The glare from the sun makes them look darker than they are. The photos from when they were not on the car gives a better representation of how dark they really are. Gray was the only thing on the tag of the plexiglass. Im not sure where it was ordered from.

post-5966-143689120395_thumb.jpg

post-5966-143689120401_thumb.jpg

As much as I always wanted to see this done, I didn't think it'd turn out as good as it did. Really digging it! :thumbsup:

I did this back in 2003-ish on my '97....pics have been posted many times

I did this back in 2003-ish on my '97....pics have been posted many times

Oh no, I'm so sorry to have left you out of this :lol: I could never quite tell how they looked in those angles.

I'm not sure where the stuff I used was purchased from, but chances are it was here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#cast-acrylic/=kmupqh. This is the scratch resistant stuff. I would recommend it so it doesn't get scratched as easy while making and cleaning them. Alot of different colors, I used the gray, 1/8".

For those who will be attempting to make these:

I used clamps to hold the plexi on the bezel, then took a heat gun to it. Leave it sit after heating it up abit to cool off.

Epoxy would not adhere to the bezel, so I used some plastic pellets that are made for making molds, or plastic injection molding. They are white, melt clear, then harden to white again. I used a soldering iron to melt them to the plexi and bezel. I found the best way to get a strong hold is to slightly melt the bezel while melting the plastic "beads". This lets the two adhere very well.

After I went all the way around the two sides and bottom of the bezel, I rounded off the inside bottom corner of the plexi to match the bezel, and ground the upper outside corner of the plexi down at an angle so that it will clear the hood when it closes.

I still need to the next step, and you could use what ever you would want to for it:

Since the plastic beads I used harden to white, I will be going over the seam with black silicon so that it looks better. If you wanted, you could paint it. I think that the silicon will look better and wont flake off of the plastic.

If you want the covers darker, you could tint them with whatever you want to use, and use clear plexi. I'm not sure how well the plexi will stay attached yet, but I have driven about 500 miles since i installed them, and they haven't broken loose anywhere.

I had some green plastic covering my headlights once, it looked cool but started to melt and deform. Now im thinking about some black mesh type material similar to what you1d see covering vents and intakes of corvettes and vipers. Found some gutter guards that cut right would fit perfect, or some kind of "vents" that ran horizontal across the mini-quads might look good and will keep with the other lines on the front end.

Times like this i wish there were a program that would allow the user to upload their vehicle in 3D and be able to visually customize it with known, and expiremental parts.