New in OH.

Shadow96SE

Figured I'd join here since you guys cover more of my actual gen. Been on GPONA for over a year, but those guys are mostly newer cars. Anyway, my name is Zack, I'm 31, and live in Preble County, OH.

I currently own a black 96 3.1 GPSE, bought it around May of 2009 for $900 with about 160k on the clock. Had to replace the rear struts, but the PO had them along with new mounts in the trunk. Since then I've replaced the water pump, rotors/pads/calipers all around, a/c compressor and battery. It has been a great reliable car, that I have been horribly mistreating here lately .. damn work.

Here's how she looked when I got her (yes I intentionally chose a wet pic cause it looks sexy wet.)

car1.jpg

My fiancee has owned a Teal 94 GPSE, which had it's life horrible taken when some jackass T-Boned her in an intersection. That car only had around 75k on it. She now owns a dark green 94, which we bought for around $1100 with 140k on the clock. Less than a year later, it got caught in a bad hail storm and was hit pretty good. No serious dings, but you can definitely see them if you look for em. Good news was her insurance paid out $1700, she could live with the dents, and we made $600 off the car and still own it.

We both love these cars, and I plan to always have at least 1 in our garage/driveway. Eventually I plan to buy an extremely clean one to be a garage queen. I hate that I had to resort mine to the harshness of my delivery job, wears on a vehicle quick.

Other vehicles owned are:

1995 Olds Aurora

1994 Mazda B4000

1970 Olds Cutlass/442 (rusted out POS)

Thanks for the welcome. Sadly, I chose the wet pic for a reason, it doesn't look near as nice dry. The clearcoat on all my plastic is peeling off, and the front bumper has a nice chunk of paint out of it, down to the rubber. My hood is also bubbling in the front and starting to get the usual rust under the gas cap. My front rims have a good bit of pitting/discoloration from brake dust that I can't seem to scrub off.

My interior was perfect when I got it (aside from a worn driver's seat), even the mechanic who repacled the struts commented on it. Sadly with as much as I get in and out of the car in rain/snow, the carpet is shot on the driver's side, the door switch plate is busted, and I snapped a plastic footrail along the driver's edge of the carpet.

Hopefully though I can get my truck reliable enough to drive it daily, then start replacing the interior on the GP, and get the exterior plastic resprayed. What sucks is I can't find any local JYs that even have any of these years to pull parts from. At least it runs great, motor has no noise, and still sound healthy when I floor it. Gotta say, the main thing that drew me to these cars was how that 3.1 sounded under full throttle. That and they just look better than most cars out there, even being 15 years old.

Yea, I'm right off St Rt 35 about 20 miles west of Dayton. Unfortunately I work 2nd shift and weekends, so can usually never make most of the meet n greets I see. That and I'd be embarrassed about my car going to stuff like that. While I love this car, I don't put near as much into it as most people on these forums.

Yea, I'm right off St Rt 35 about 20 miles west of Dayton. Unfortunately I work 2nd shift and weekends, so can usually never make most of the meet n greets I see. That and I'd be embarrassed about my car going to stuff like that. While I love this car, I don't put near as much into it as most people on these forums.

Lolz, don't be embarrassed, I had the ugliest car at the Dayton meet last June, but it didn't matter. It's just about being there.

Well, I take that back. Crazy K's Cutlass Vert was the ugliest, but I was a close second.

Edited by tornado_735
Apparently, I can't type for shit.

Welcome! And if you can get the weekend off, I will force you to come to the Dayton meet, as I live right off of Smithville Rd. in Dayton. I've been buying and selling Cutlass' and GP's in this area for a few years now. That's a really nice GP!

Everyone is welcome at Dayton meets. It's not as much about the car as the person driving it. We all love the cars, of course, but we've all made good friends on here that will last much longer than the sheet metal and plastic that brought us together.

Welcome! And if you can get the weekend off, I will force you to come to the Dayton meet, as I live right off of Smithville Rd. in Dayton. I've been buying and selling Cutlass' and GP's in this area for a few years now. That's a really nice GP!

Everyone is welcome at Dayton meets. It's not as much about the car as the person driving it. We all love the cars, of course, but we've all made good friends on here that will last much longer than the sheet metal and plastic that brought us together.