First Gen headers for Series 2/3 swaps

wickedbuick

While I think that $1200 is a lot for mass produced headers, also consider there is no other bolt-on-and-go option for this particular setup. You can't really compare generic 2G W-body 3800 headers to something that is made for a very niche market. Would I love to pay $400 for great headers that wouldn't fall apart or trip my SES light in my Nissan? Sure. But since my owner's group is a relatively small minority, I paid slightly over double that for high-flow precats and a y-pipe. There just aren't as many people wanting those parts as there are modified 2G 3800's and it isn't comparable.

I don't think $1200 for what's essentially a one-off set of headers is a bad deal.

Very true, I never had steered away from them being a one-off piece. I still think that's a ridiculous price though :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wickedbuick

• xtremerevolution

• BXX

• rich17

I get told I'm ridiculous for still having this car and spending money on so much as a car wash!!!! lmao I got the car as a 16th bday present and it was 4 different colors, floors filled with water cause front and rear windows leaked so mold galore as it sat in a field for 3 years before it was mine. I'm 25 now and it may not be perfect or "beautiful" but its my first car and it will be my last :lol: I guess doing something ridiculous for the car is just my style! :thumbsup:

I give you props for doing it. Thats for sure!

Its not another~shift knob from a bonne, different stock 16s, and a glass pack~ kind of car that we see alot on here

i got my headers new for $400 thanks to zzp black friday sale

i probably spent $1200 redoing my whole exhaust system all stainless steel

Edited by ReBlown47