First Gen headers for Series 2/3 swaps

wickedbuick

I'm not sure of exact prices guess it depends on if there are more than 1 or 2 sets being made at once. Just email him for prices. The going price for most wbody nbody custom headers are 700-900 depending on the app and if there was a group buy. A pair of SLPs from intense are still $700 also. As usual his sets come with all hardware/gaskets and are ceramic coated as well. It is a lot of money but this was done how I wanted them and thats what I was looking for :)

Edited by wickedbuick

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wickedbuick

• xtremerevolution

• BXX

• rich17

Hey man, I'm really glad you got it working. I'm not going to compare our solutions because they're different, but I did pay $205 shipped for my stainless headers, and another $200 to have the downpipe made to fit this car without having to barrel through the HVAC unit. $850 plus pre-orders is expensive though.

I see a lot of people running the SpeedDaddy headers these days, and with excellent results. Seems the only people running SLPs are ones who have too much money to burn.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really see any other "bolt on" offerings.

I am interested, although I may want to coat them myself with Jet Hot.

although, I am unsure of how many pre-orders we need to get.

• 4 months later...

Ok I have been offline for a while but I do have the headers in the garage. They aren't on the car yet cause I had my second baby in June and its been busy lol :thumbsup:

I will get some pics of them but they are friggin sweet!!!! :dance: :dance: Soooooo worth the money!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Yeah I got them from Milzy and he said he would like to make more. They are easy to install, no leaks and overall EXCELLENT quality. I've been helping out around the shop and he has lots of projects he is working on. Anyone interested in a set of headers for a swap or any setup let him know.

I paid $800 for the headers and $400 for a downpipe with a 3in cutout made into it. I just got the QTP QTEC part in the mail so it will go on this weekend :) The price is higher than other routes but it is custom and fits perfect. Great quality work and it was worth it to me.

Holy fuck balls $1200 for headers. :showoff:

Yeah...

Mine were $205 shipped and some work from Bob, although I think he'd be able to do it much more quickly a second time around.

According to Miko K, you can bend SLP headers if you can get them hot enough and they'll fit too.

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using Tapatalk 2

look at the price of SLPs or TOGS or headers for other cars made nice and coated. There are cheaper options out there but I chose this route and I like it. Also, they cost so much because they were 1 offs. If he had 10-20 to make, it would be waaaay cheaper. I am pleased with the quality and knew it would be more because of that reason.

yeah i got my zzp headers for 400 and downpipe was like 350 with cat and res on there. Granted you have to beat the firewall to get just about most headers in there i think most people rather do that an save 400-800 dollars

Yep I agree and thats perfectly fine if they do :thumbsup: I just wanted a set that I didnt mod the car to install, something custom, and a possibly better design than some of the others on the market :D :D

Im with you i would rather pay for something to fit then beat the crap outta my car. Im considering these right now after seeing the pics

I also noticed that ZZP sells their in house headers for about $100 less than what I paid for mine and mine are ceramic coated so I think I got a great deal considering they were a "1 off" set :thumbsup:

DP was a little higher but it was stainless as well and had a cutout built into it as well. Overall happy :dance:

People rarely buy new headers anymore, unless they're ebay's. I got my TOGs that only had a few thousand miles on them for $400 with a 3" catted dp. Ebay headers new are even cheaper than that.

While I think that $1200 is a lot for mass produced headers, also consider there is no other bolt-on-and-go option for this particular setup. You can't really compare generic 2G W-body 3800 headers to something that is made for a very niche market. Would I love to pay $400 for great headers that wouldn't fall apart or trip my SES light in my Nissan? Sure. But since my owner's group is a relatively small minority, I paid slightly over double that for high-flow precats and a y-pipe. There just aren't as many people wanting those parts as there are modified 2G 3800's and it isn't comparable.

I don't think $1200 for what's essentially a one-off set of headers is a bad deal.