turbocharger flange repair

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

ok i got my 'new' T-25 turbocharger today and wholly crap! absolutely NO shaft play and it spins nicely :) even just a tad better than my other TGP T-25 turbo! unfortunately there is a problem in another area of the turbo - the flange where it meets the crossover. now i bought the turbo/crossover pipe for $40, so i can't complain, but it looks like the flange has some gouging in the lower bolt hole on the radiator side (whew). the bolt hole is also stripped out. this leads me to think it would cause an exhaust leak. now it's not major, but i was thinking of taking it to a machine shop and have them weld some material on (it's iron of course) and smoothing it down flat to the original flange....do-able? then i would have to have them drill & re-tap the hole for a slightly larger bolt. any suggestions welcome!

Talk to "Shane" - he can do the work or get the parts you need.

BTW - I meet hm in person last night @ Bandimere - he was running an 14.2 with his 3.8 SC Z34 (wow)...That was faster than my 97.

He has a lot of ideas for parts for our TGP's........

Guest TurboSedan

yeah i'd like to talk to him about what he plans on for his TGP and his other cars. i'll probably drive down to Loveland and show him the turbo and see what he thinks before i sell my other turbo.

i rode in Shane's white Z34 once when i dropped off my TGP crossover to be rebuilt - wowowowow those times don't surprise me :) that thing has instant boost like mad and can corner on rails! nice clean ride too!

joshua

that thing has instant boost like mad and can corner on rails! nice clean ride too!

joshua

I'll agree to that.. It's got some balls, that's for sure. I met up with him a couple of months ago, and his rear drivers side Koni strut was blown out, lol. Pretty impressive times though..

Ok.. enough hi-jacking, sorry.