Drain tube...does it need to be a hard line?

Bake82

I'm having issues with sealing issues and want to go with a braided return line with an -10AN fitting welded onto my oil pan. Wondering if anybody has used a braided line from the turbo to the pan without any issues? I assume the main issue is to have a little extra length for movement of the turbo compared with the engine block.

I don't forsee any issues but before I pull the trigger on buying some products want to ensure I'm not going to have any issues!

thanks

Kyle

Kyle, I've seen a lot of DIY & aftermarket setups with braided returns. I think you'll be fine using braided so long as you size it out properly so that it's not kinked up/restricting flow.

Thanks Matt.

I've seen lots of others using braided lines as well on other cars..don't see any reason why it won't work for us just wanting to confirm. I'm going to give it a try as I'm having a real pain in the ass time sealing this motor from leaks and this is one of the area's!

the key to oil lines in general is that they are oil compatible other wise they will collapse interally (i know people that used crap feed lnes and they failed within a day,

you want the return line to be as short as possible, you dont want it to go lower then the entry point of the oil pan forsure