Replace the blown out bushings in your FFP dogbones!

White93z34

FFP has since gone the way of parachute pants and music videos on MTv. But many of us still have the things they produced, most notably the billet aluminum dogbone mounts. However (at least from what I've read and seen) the poly bushings they used were not the proper type and they deteriorated over the years.

ffp1.jpg

I've recently found a Energy Suspension bushing that works.

Energy Suspension Part number 9.9107R (if you want black it is 9.9107G).

I ordered mine off www.energysuspensionparts.com

It was about $13 shipped for one set which is enough to do one dogbone. They ship with metal sleeves that are not only too short but the wrong size... Which is fine, you don't need them.

To install push all the bushings in, make sure you have cleaned it up as much as you wanted to because once they go in they don't come back out.

I used some dishsoap on the original sleeves and pushed them down in on a hard surface. It is a very tight fit.

ffp2.jpg

Hope this is useful to those of you that have these yet. :burnout:

Edited by White93z34
I r gud typr

All I know is I shoved the bushing in then tried to take it back out and it sure didn't want to come back out. All and all it fits very tight, and that is a good thing. How it holds up in the long term may or may not be another story.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...