Spacing Rear Wheels out...any problems with rubbing lip on quarter panel?

GJD5

I was looking at spacing the rear wheels out 22mm and the tire would be about flush with the rear quarter. I'm not really sure what the travel is on the suspension and was wondering if it would hit that lip. I'm running 245 50 16 tires so there is a little more clearance due to the overall smaller diameter. Anyone have experience with this?

I was looking at spacing the rear wheels out 22mm and the tire would be about flush with the rear quarter. I'm not really sure what the travel is on the suspension and was wondering if it would hit that lip. I'm running 245 50 16 tires so there is a little more clearance due to the overall smaller diameter. Anyone have experience with this?

If you hit a very hard bump, the rear wheels will want to tuck so you're going to need to make sure they're able to or you'll cut a tire or butcher your fender or both. At least, that's been my experience.

What are you using to space out the wheels? I assume you're using the crosslace/honeycomb rims?

If you hit a very hard bump, the rear wheels will want to tuck so you're going to need to make sure they're able to or you'll cut a tire or butcher your fender or both. At least, that's been my experience.

What are you using to space out the wheels? I assume you're using the crosslace/honeycomb rims?

I'm using the 5 spoke wheels. I was going to get some custom spacers made so that they remain hub centric. Did you have yours spaced out?

Yeah I've got 1" bolt on spacers on rear of my 90 TGP using 16x8 xlaces with 245-45-16 tires, lowered 2.5" with a birchmount. No issues.

Yeah I've got 1" bolt on spacers on rear of my 90 TGP using 16x8 xlaces with 245-45-16 tires, lowered 2.5" with a birchmount. No issues.

Got any pics!? Is there just not enough travel in the suspension for the tire to hit the lip or is it just close?

Well truth be told, ASC fitted the B4U kit on TGP's and did extra fender trimming than the factory did later on.

Jamie's old 95 GTP had much more fender lip sticking out where as my 90 TGP has almost factory rolled fender lips.

I'll dig around for pics.

With the birchmount and KYB's there isn't a lot of wheel travel, but it would still clear, albeit just.