Crazy awesome body work by ChadZ34

chadz34

So as you know my '96 Lumina needs the rockers done again as there are a couple holes in them. Since I plan on driving the car until it's got nothig left, because I owe nothing on it. My dad and I cut the rust off and body wrapped the rockers in ''Gorilla Tape''. It's probably the best idea ever. ''We shingled'' the tape so water runs off it, it's black and looks 100percent better than it did. It's also tear away style like NASCAR windshields hahahaha. So if per say it does come off because its Gorilla tape, I can tear it off and blast it again.

Now, I know what you guys are thinking! Who the FUCK duct tapes a car?

I do, becuase I'm not planning on fixing it, but rather hiding it, just as long as you cant visibly see it I feel better about the car. The motor and transmission and the rest of the car the shit bodyman didnt touch is gold.

This being said, anyone need a maaco tape job? :dance:

/begin bashing:lol:

Here is the great 20ft looker :lol:

DSC07347.jpg

A close up of the most amazing tapework you've ever seen! P.S this was the side with the gaping hole of glory.

DSC07348.jpg

I forgot to post about painting my back end, sorry bout the dirt on the car it's wet.....I'M SORRY ALREADY!

DSC07349.jpg

And to take the sour, terrible tapey taste out of all our mouths....

DSC07337.jpg

:dance:

WIN!!! Do they make Gorilla Tape in Dark Teal Metallic lol?? :bonk:

That looks AWESOME!!!!!!

Hahahaha sadly after applying it I thought it looked crazy showroom good too! Hahaha.

I'd like to and not like to sell it at the same time. I wanna know just how much I can get out of it. At the given point it's ready to die, I will buy a new vehicle haha. That, and there's no replacing the man hours I've got into this car. Plus, the duck tape adds the ridgity and character the Lumina has been missing.

Until it dies, I've got time to make the right decision for my next vehicle....I almost bought a 2001 Buick Regal GS Supercharged in white.....price was right but my timing was off.

I've never used duct tape like this before.. i have repaired or seen repairs similar, except the duct tape was cut in a few spots, expanding foam was sprayed in, then the tape was removed, then bondo'd over and painted...but those were always on "Farm trucks" nothing that was ever really supposed to be driven on the road lol.

As long as you're happy, sweet deal is what i say!