Who all has the Addco swaybar on their car?

White93z34

I been thinking of my next round of suspension mods for the z34, The suspension is almost how I want it, I'd still like to firm up the rear suspension some. I keep hearing that the 1.5gen lumina swaybars are not really a good physical fit for monoleaf cars.

I would like to think that the Addco bar fits like a factory bar should, but I remember hearing horror stories a few years back about how bad they fit. But I know they since revised the bar. So those who have it let me know how it installed and how you like it?

Also does it include poly or rubber bushings?

I have the 1.5 gen Lumina bar on my 92... although not the 7/8 incher, its the 5/8. Clears the Y pipe on the exhaust and fits between the struts like it was meant to be there. Sorry no Addco information.

I got the Addco bar its a significant improvement over the stocker. I had to modify my brackets slightly but Ive had it on there for about just over 4 years now. I had trouble trying to get it shipped to me somehow they screwed up my order when I placed it my bar got sent to the wrong end of the country. Overall Im pleased

-Jarek

I need to measure the 3 gen 1.5 rear bars with a caliper. I have tested the smallest and largest bar, and both bind with the rear struts, but not by much...... do you have the medium bar, Hairdo? Did you have to compress it to make it fit???

http://www.p-s-t.com sells the addco bar with poly graphite bushings (Graphite impregnated poly, the graphite acts as a lubricant)

I originally had fitment issues and made spacers to compensate, I will hunt down some pics later today if you are interested of the spacers I made (and kept) in the car

Jamie

I couldn't get the 1.5 22mm bar to fit right so I bought the addco. That new addco kit is perfect. The new design requires you to drill a couple holes but you can choose where you want it. I lowered my car 3" (or more) so I installed it accordingly. I had to grind a small part off of the inner wheel well but overall i would consider it an easy install. The bar is tough. If your front suspension is stock it will hurt you on the track. Just be careful until you get use to it. It's a big difference from stock. When my front suspension was stock and it was at stock ride hight my rear end had no traction. It was dangerous when driving like an asshole.

I had both the old and new design Addco. My newer design Addco bar hits some metal on the wheel wells and rubs and makes squeaky and clunky noises if anyone sits in the back. It was definitely dangerous with a stock front suspension because it induces understeer. Once I made an evasive maneuver to avoid a tree on the road and managed to spin the car out a complete 360. I've never had that problem after upgrading to ST front springs and 245-wide tires though.