Transmission Fluid types Pro's and Con's ?

Highmilagecutlass

NO!!

lucas, the prince of darkness, is likely responsible for more tranny deaths than all other soucres combined!

in reality though, no, do not put anything in your transmission other than the recommended trans fluid, unless it gets superceeded by later versions.

NO!!

lucas, the prince of darkness, is likely responsible for more tranny deaths than all other soucres combined!

in reality though, no, do not put anything in your transmission other than the recommended trans fluid, unless it gets superceeded by later versions.

Thanks Robert :thumbsup:

I was thinking of using seafoam trans cleaner? 5 mins before I drain it..common sense tells me NO !!

I found Castol Dex VI at Autozone for 6.99 a quart..the add says that it's a synthetic blend ..

Thanks again to everyone for there help :thumbsup:

And FYI everybody, you can get the actual no-worries-if-it-is-the-same-stuff ACDelco Dexron VI gallon jugs cheap off of GM Parts Direct. I think that after shipping, the per quart cost was $5-$6 when I bought it. They do make you buy 4 gallons (16 qts) though, so if you only need to service one car one time, it's not a good deal, but someone like me (and a lot of members on this forum) who has a few GM cars and services lots of others for people I know, I'll have no trouble using 4 gallons.

Oh and the part number for the gallon jugs is 88861045

Edited by jman093

And FYI everybody, you can get the actual no-worries-if-it-is-the-same-stuff ACDelco Dexron VI gallon jugs cheap off of GM Parts Direct. I think that after shipping, the per quart cost was $5-$6 when I bought it. They do make you buy 4 gallons (16 qts) though, so if you only need to service one car one time, it's not a good deal, but someone like me (and a lot of members on this forum) who has a few GM cars and services lots of others for people I know, I'll have no trouble using 4 gallons.

Oh and the part number for the gallon jugs is 88861045

Thanks Jesse :thumbsup:

X2 on getting the AC Delco Dex 6. That's what's in the GTP, and that's whats going into the Regal when I drop the pan this fall.

Where can I buy AC DELCO DEX 6 at ? dealer only ?:confused: