front coilover specs?

gpchris

Right, and the KYB's are pretty recent so they should perform well for some time to come. I hope that by going with 400lb springs in the rear that I won't have any "ricer bounce." That's my only conern.

One thing that will make a difference here is good performance tires with a stiff sidewall. I put on some (not runflats btw) 180 treadwear Bridgestone Potenza's with a stiff enough sidewall that one tire I lost all pressure in was still standing up with the weight of the car on it and didn't look deflated. Putting these on helped the bounce quite a bit. The bouncing has slowly come back in the 18 months since I put them on because even these the tires can't completely take being beaten mercilessly by such a stiff suspension. But even 25,000 miles later, it's still not as bad as the mastercraft avengers that were on the car when I bought it.

Believe me when I say this, KYB's are no good for lowering a car past 1" MAX. I have done extensive work and been on the phone with KONI for well over 5hr talking about there shocks. The way they design there shock is how it can run with such a low drop and still ride good. The valving inside the shock is what makes them work. KYB's are good shocks, dont get me wrong. I had them for 10k miles on my car. They are affordable, but not for lowering extensivly.

With that being said, KONI shocks do run about 3x more. I can purchase them cheaper than most with my wholesale account, but they still run in the range of $160-200 each side. Your saying well I can get a whole set of KYB's for that price. There is a reason you pay good money for some things and this is one of them.

Take this post for general information, I am not bashing anyone with Kyb's, just stating they are no good for this application.

Mark-OEM

Well I got my suspension all done. Here's basically what I did:

Rear:

Gr2's w/ 300lb springs

Held trailing arms

New toe bushings

Addco swaybar

Front:

Gr2's w/ 500lb springs

34mm sway w/polys modified to be the correct size

Poly control arm bushings

Overkill camber plates (solid strut mounts)

The car rides exactly like a compg except handles better around corners. It's a firm ride but not a harsh one. Absolutely zero suspension noises. 500lb is perfect for the front. It's totally streetable but turns are incredibly smooth. But I did adjust caster and I think that makes a difference.

Well I got my suspension all done. Here's basically what I did:

Rear:

Gr2's w/ 300lb springs

Held trailing arms

New toe bushings

Addco swaybar

Front:

Gr2's w/ 500lb springs

34mm sway w/polys modified to be the correct size

Poly control arm bushings

Overkill camber plates (solid strut mounts)

The car rides exactly like a compg except handles better around corners. It's a firm ride but not a harsh one. Absolutely zero suspension noises. 500lb is perfect for the front. It's totally streetable but turns are incredibly smooth. But I did adjust caster and I think that makes a difference.

You now know the beauty of camber/caster plates :). Wish more people on here would read this thread.

-.8? Pfffft thats nothing mang. Im shooting for -3.0 lol. No really these plates really help dial in the cars ability to handle. I cant wait to finish up my front end finally. 750# up front for me :)/

Mark

I don't want tire killing from camber for the streets lol, plus shooting for higher caster allows me to use less front camber.

QFT. That's what a lot of automakers are doing now with caster. Even 9-11 degrees of caster is common nowadays, especially on RWD cars. Although going that extreme also kills tires quicker. 5-6 degrees like you said I think is a good place to be.