• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TGP5sp90

• Garrett Powered

• BXX

• virtuetovice

Thanks, I really wish it was a misconfiguration, Thats the way I installed it, without damaging the console more than I had to. Yea were still in the stage of installing and uninstalling all kinds of shit. So it should be clean up a little by the time you all see it again hopefully. As much work that went into the installation, Id've probably came out better to do it Virtuetovice's way. The only problem that I'm having, is using the playstation keyboard. Theirs got to be a program out their to place it on the screen.

If you need an on screen keyboard, go to

Start>All Programs>Accessories>Accessibility>On Screen Keyboard

EDIT: It seems this keyboard doesn't have a Bluetooth discovery mode, so it cannot be paired with a computer.

And I didn't mean your dashboard was a misconfiguration, I meant your computer's msconfig file has a lot of shit starting up with the computer.

If you're still in the market for a small input device, here's a nice one

http://www.lightinthebox.com/2-4G-Wireless-Mini-Query-Keyboard-with-Track-Pad-and-Red-Laser-Pointer--QW167-_p120020.html?sr_page=1&h_result=0&page_size=24&page_idx=1&in_page_idx=6

Comes straight from China, but I've bought from this site before and they're good.

Edited by virtuetovice

Trust me when I tell you, that for what I wanted in a unit, this unit looked better and also did everything that I wanted a head unit to do. Not that anything at this point will change, for me, but if you know of a better head unit that will fit a 1.5 din, please share with the rest of the forum on what they should get. But thanks for comment anyway Jeremy

Thats a cool find, Virtuetovice. Definitly what I've been looking for. Thanks. I'm beginning to believe that we don't have much choice on where stuff's built these days.:shrug:

But for those that will invest in Centrafuse 3.0, it has a electronic keyboard in its software. Which I may settle with that for now.

I was actually thinking of doing that at first, and using a Pioneer single din reciever, but after doing a little research,this head unit turns out, to have one of the best sounds around. I did not hear it, before I bought it. When the unit was finally turn on, I was simply amazed at the sound it puts out. It seems to bring out the best in even the old rock. Definitly Impressive.

Thats a cool find, Virtuetovice. Definitly what I've been looking for. Thanks. I'm beginning to believe that we don't have much choice on where stuff's built these days.:shrug:

No problem. Just remember it's not so much of where it's made. The problem lies in quality control and for me this site has a pretty good track record. Good luck :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity how many pre-outs does that HU have? I may be tempted to try it in my car, as I'm grafting the HU into the CD holder of a Lumina console, want a screen, but want to leave space for some gauges. I'm looking for something with front, rear, and sub outputs. I presume it uses a single-din slot?

Just out of curiosity how many pre-outs does that HU have? I may be tempted to try it in my car, as I'm grafting the HU into the CD holder of a Lumina console, want a screen, but want to leave space for some gauges. I'm looking for something with front, rear, and sub outputs. I presume it uses a single-din slot?

Her's one of the websites that I was looking at when I Purchased it.

http://www.tkoaudio.us/bh-gps1870.htm

Yes it is a single din, and their was 3 pair of peamp outs. They do have one thats $100 less without the GPS. I believe its the ( BH-1872 ) version.

This weekend is when we plan on doing the (dark dash) gauges. And I do have to say, that this is going to look bitchin at night. And with the help from you and Robert this will definitly be the best thing out there, for anyone who's interested in electronic gauges.

• 1 month later...

I do have to say that this looks sweet. Absolutely what I was looking for. definitly now makes it worth all the effort and money placed into this project. I will take a picture of it tommorrow when I get back home. I can't believe how closely it matches our gauges. With my screen being small, some of the readings will be too closely together, but definitly readable

• 2 months later...

reminds me.... i was working on some mode 3 commands in the $A1 mask, if you wanted to make the screen a gigantic boost only guage that reads at stupid refresh rates(i think i saw near 70 samples per second?), let me know.

reminds me.... i was working on some mode 3 commands in the $A1 mask, if you wanted to make the screen a gigantic boost only guage that reads at stupid refresh rates(i think i saw near 70 samples per second?), let me know.

Interested! LOL

oh wait, I haz megasquirtz

SANY0040.jpg

I finally realize that I'm going to need this on certain operations on tunerPro, so thanks Virtuetovice

No problem man. It looks pretty nice, is it worth a damn?? :lol:

Also, did you end up getting the 2.4ghz or the Bluetooth one?

that would be HELL of alot more useful than some crappy mechanical autometer gauge.

I would choose to have like 4 on the screen at once. since the car already has HUD, for a TGP I would have battery voltage(none on dash), boost, wastegate duty cycle, RPM. on a screen that small, 4 would be just right for everyday use. but definately some digital(number only) ones would be good for the middle. 3 or 4 stacked up in between the analog ones would be good, for example the wideband and random other info you are going to want to be monitoring.

I would be interested in the big single, fast refresh one though for 8F. seems like it would be useful to concentrate on 1 or possibly 2 items in high definition. would it be close to that fast with 2 items on the screen? I was thinking wastegate duty cycle and boost side by side since those two were quite useful when integrating a threaded wastegate with electronic boost control.

2.4 ghz one, yea it was useless without this keyboard. Everytime I turn on the gauges (Dark Dash), I couldn't get back out of it, there was no ESC button on the playstation keyboard. So I had to keep shutting down to get out of it. although now problem curred. Thanks in a great part to Virtuetovice to this awesome unit, The damn thing lights up, my favorite part, :thumbsup: also if for any reason my touch screen starts acting up this keyboard makes up for it. Definitly worth the $39.99Free shipping :D

Robert and Rick I love the Dark Dash theme. Still working on everything, so that I can possibly make a Video.