Remote start HELPPPP!!!!!

thatcutteeboy

Well I'm installing an alarm system on the vert and I've come to a stand still. Everything is hook up and the remote start is working just fine, but I need to get the accessories to work while being remote started. I've hooked the brown wire from the system to the orange wire in the harness nothing I've hooked the brown wire to the brown wire in the harness nothing. What other wire or wires could there be. Now when I hooked the brown wire to the orange I did hear like an extra load being put on the system like when I turn the key forward during remote starting but none of the accessories would come on. Please help. (Slick you can chime in here whenever man). I also have the electronic climate control if that makes a difference. I had to do the relay hook up on the door locks, am I going to have to do the relay on this too?

What do you mean by accessories? Does the heater and defroster work? Because when I remote start my car the radio, the windows, etc all don't work until I put the key in, turn it to run, and hit the brake. Then everything operates as normal.

What do you mean by accessories? Does the heater and defroster work? Because when I remote start my car the radio, the windows, etc all don't work until I put the key in, turn it to run, and hit the brake. Then everything operates as normal.
Nothing comes on. No heat or anything. In my Mazda everything comes on Radio, ac, windows.

Then you've got a bad remote unit or a problem in the wiring. The remote start unit should send out 12v+ to the accessory wire that comes down off the column. When the remote start sends the start signal, it HAS to provide power to the accessory wire otherwise the computer wouldn't let the car fire up. Some of the GM cars have two accessory wires, hence the need for 2 positive wires. You've got a wiring problem.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1720.html

There's the link you need.

Then you've got a bad remote unit or a problem in the wiring. The remote start unit should send out 12v+ to the accessory wire that comes down off the column. When the remote start sends the start signal, it HAS to provide power to the accessory wire otherwise the computer wouldn't let the car fire up. Some of the GM cars have two accessory wires, hence the need for 2 positive wires. You've got a wiring problem.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1720.html

There's the link you need.

This is the site that I am a member of and this is what I used. The remote start works fine every time I just can't get the accessory to work. The brown wire from the remote start/alarm system has 12 volts during the remote start process but I can't figure out which wire in the car's harness to hook it up to. I've tried the orange, I've tried the brown .

You have more than 1 accessory wire, which is what I've already told you in PM. You need to test it with a multimeter, which from the sounds of your PM's and posts here, you didn't test a damn wire. Hopefully you don't fry anything...

You have more than 1 accessory wire, which is what I've already told you in PM. You need to test it with a multimeter, which from the sounds of your PM's and posts here, you didn't test a damn wire. Hopefully you don't fry anything...
I did test the wires. The only problem I WAS having was finding the other accessory wire besides the orange which I eventially found out was the purple and white which controls the climate control. But that was not the only wire I had to hook up the orange to 12v fused in order for the blower to come on while in the remote start mode. I only asked you for assistance because I THOUGHT you would've known right off the RIP because of the write up you did which was stickied. But I did my research and found this nice info. Maybe someone could add this somewhere on the site. This has a lot of serious info. I think I'm gonna hook up the top so I can let it up via remote like if it started raining or something

http://alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/OLDSMOBILE%20CUTLASS%20SUPREME%201991-1997.pdf. I apoligize if I was a burden to you Slick. Anyhoo I didn't fry anything, everything is working as it should. Thanks for all your help. Peace

Edited by thatcutteeboy

Slick was just trying to help. he Does know what he is talking about and i like the top up and down idea! LOL.
It's cool. I really appreciated his help it just seemed like he was kinda upset. I am gonna do more research on what I would have to do as far as the top mod.

maybe paying for a professional to do the install would be worth it at this point. Although they would likely charge extra to undo the wiring you've tried to do yourself so they can start from square one.

maybe paying for a professional to do the install would be worth it at this point. Although they would likely charge extra to undo the wiring you've tried to do yourself so they can start from square one.
The system is all hooked up and working just fine. I do not need to take the car anywhere. All I needed to find was the accessory wire that controlled the electronic climate control which was the purple and white.