rusty control arm attachment HELP

GPX

when mine let go, it sounded and felt like a bad strut... no catastrophic failure or any destroyed parts other than the mount disconnecting from the frame.

and trust me, i still ran that car through corners like it was cool... and sitting in a meijer parking lot, i eventually found out that i could move the right rear tire back and forth without much effort... within a week, that problem was solved...

Were your rear calipers siezed up at that time?

Matt and I witnessed a 1995 Regal that have the rear control arms rotted in half, we were both in shock that the whole rear end hadn't come off the car!

Jamie

I have never seen such a rusty W before

It's just rusty right there. The other side is somewhat rusty, but the rest of the underside is great. There is no rust showing anywhere topside. If there is any way I can store this car somewhere, I will because I love it so. We were just getting ready to install the new/old higher end FE3 springs all around from 94GPGTP, Cooper CS4's have about 3000 miles on them. Brakes are 75% new. It has an LA1 with about 47K on it, tinted windows, lip spoiler, and an AWeb RSTB. It just needed ball joints, a new muffler...and about $2000 worth of body work. :( Anyway, moving on; see Member's Rides post for my new wheels.

Edited by redcar