Heater Bypass Pipe Removal

scorpion_x9

I have a 95' Year 3100 V6.

I ran into a problem trying to remove the coolant/heater bypass pipe that runs along the front valve cover. I just wanted to know if any one knew how to remove it from the water pump housing. Thanx!

Here's a pic.

coolantbypass.JPG

I don't see or feel a 2nd bolt, unless it's inside the water pump housing. Other than that I don't have any other idea on how to get it out, aside from breaking it off in frustration. :mrgreen: j/k.

You dont see a 2nd bolt on the opposite side of the other one? There are no other bolts. It may be a little stuck, but nothing major. There is one bolt that bolts the pipe to head right by #4 spark plug (or atleast there is on the 3.1L, so Im guessin its the same for the 3100). And, its also attached at the TB, make sure all of that is disconnected. If that all is, I really dont know what to tell ya, if I was there I could definitey help ya out more

Robby

I removed all the bolts holding the pipe down, all that's holding it down is that bleeder assembly. I guess it might be like an o-ring or something that probably holds it in pretty tight (kinda like the fuel injectors...) or something. Well, i'm gonna monkey around with it some more, maybe pull the water pump out and see if there's a bolt in there. (It wouldn't surprise me! :roll: )

The piece thats circled, whats that gasket called? I need to replace it. Thanx

As far as that goes, my friend had a '89 GP w/ a 3.1L I think he just used some gasket maker and it worked fine.

funny i had to remove mine to get to the wonderful crap pot metal quick disconnect fitting that needs to be replaced.

i suppose i will have to replace that gasket when i put it back together.

Monty