Alarm Problems

pwmin

I got a Python 460HP installed in the Camaro years ago (in '04 from/at CarToys) and one day the siren quit working...no chirping, no panic, nothing. Well, it's been a couple years since that as I don't drive it much at all and I finally got around to checking it out saturday, but i'm clueless about alarms. I checked all the wiring under the hood with a test light. There were two wires on the siren that were crimped together and when I gave them power, the siren started going off...less than half the normal volume as I recall, but it worked. I thought maybe it was in valet mode or something, but no. When I push the lock/unlock button, I can here the module or whatever it is click(once for lock and twice for unlock), but the siren won't chirp or anything. I guess I should be saying arm/disarm instead of lock/unlock ::) What should I look for?

There should be two wires coming from the siren. A black ground and a red that goes to the alarm module. Check to make sure the connection to the alarm module is good. Check to make sure its not broken coming through the firewall either. If the connection is good then the siren output on the module may be burned out.

• 2 weeks later...
There should be two wires coming from the siren. A black ground and a red that goes to the alarm module. Check to make sure the connection to the alarm module is good. Check to make sure its not broken coming through the firewall either. If the connection is good then the siren output on the module may be burned out.

Checked the red and black wires with a test light and all is good. In addition to the red wire being fused, there is a white wire that is also fused. However, I'm not getting any power on either side of the fuse. Is that the output? Is there any chance of getting just a new module for it?

got it working. I thought it might be stuck in valet mode, but I tried doing what the manual said multiple times and it never worked. I went up to Car Toys to grab some terminals and asked the guy about it and he told me a different way than the manual said, so I tried the valet mode thing again his way...didn't work, then I tried it again how the manual said and it finally worked. Not sure what I did wrong before, but at least it's fixed :confused: