vert owners 2 things im looking to fix

capcrunk

hello all once again

1 - is there an exchange part to replace the shrinkage weatherstrip around the windshield ?

2 - has anyone put new screws in the center support or rollover bar it might be called mine are rusty and doesn't tight the two pieces that well ?

any help would be appreciated

1 - any place that replaces windshields will have the new seal for around the window. I need it for mine as well.

2 - the screw holes are just moulded into the lower top part. I gave up trying to get them tight and just have 2 bands of electrical tape holding it on. Werks fer me.

i heard of using the pieces from a mini van and separate it into 3 parts not just one big piece, 1 for the top and 1 for each side.

in the roll bar trim those molded holes for the screws like to break and not hold so well, i filled my tan one with a silicon and so when the screw got put it in kinda rethreaded it, it worked fine but it is no longer in so i dunno the lasting effect on it.

i heard of using the pieces from a mini van and separate it into 3 parts not just one big piece, 1 for the top and 1 for each side.

in the roll bar trim those molded holes for the screws like to break and not hold so well, i filled my tan one with a silicon and so when the screw got put it in kinda rethreaded it, it worked fine but it is no longer in so i dunno the lasting effect on it.

do u know from what mini van ?

I want to say he got it from a chysler minivan.

As for the rollbar top, I actually added clips that are used elsewhere on many cars to the top structure, and then screws go though the clips latching the top in place... but it only holds the upper and not the lower part in place.

I put some Automotive Goop glue on the small end of a toothpic stuck it down the screwhole into the bottom part, broke the toothpic off flush and screwed the two pieces back together. It been 6 months and seems to be working so far.