Comp G needs tires like yesterday.....

Night Fury

I was looking at these since they appear to be on sale. Any experience with these? Any other recommendations?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+Sport&partnum=255WR7GFSP&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Pontiac&autoYear=2004&autoModel=Grand%20Prix%20GTP&autoModClar=

TIA,

-Buck

Edited by Night Fury
Links are nice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Night Fury

• xtremerevolution

• BXX

• jeremy

The Tirerack survey results are really good. Not too mention the tires themselves are a really really good deal. Worst case is you can sell them for more than you paid hahaha!

I have those BF Goodrichs right now and over all awesome performance. Keeping in mind they are only for me summer tires, they performed great enough for me to get another set for my other crosslaces.

Summer tires. Don't plan on using them unless you plan to keep the Comp G stored all winter or get another set of wheels and tires for it. They will suck in the cold, be helpless in the snow, and will lose some performance permanently even once it warms back up. Otherwise go for it.

that is a good price for those tires.......if you are just looking for usable rubber to roll on the link below if for an off brand but you can have a complete set including shipping for $300

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Brand-New-225-55-17-FORCEUM-HEXA-225-55R17-2255517-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c542d99c7QQitemZ190390835655QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

....also not sure how much Tirerack want for shipping but if it is crazy those G-Force sports on eBay right now from Discount tire for $437.00 per set including all shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-225-55-17-BFG-g-Force-Sport-Tires-55R17-R17-55R-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53df7bd8dfQQitemZ360231721183QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Summer tires. Don't plan on using them unless you plan to keep the Comp G stored all winter or get another set of wheels and tires for it. They will suck in the cold, be helpless in the snow, and will lose some performance permanently even once it warms back up. Otherwise go for it.
I agree. If you get any snow fall there, you should really get all seasons. I almost wrecked the GTP last winter, driving on summer only tires in only a couple inches of snow.

READ THIS AND READ IT CAREFULLY.

I'm just trying to save you money buddy, so listen up. Discount Tire will price match online prices, ANYWHERE (except for ebay or auction sites). If you send them that link and ask them to beat the price, they will beat that price + shipping in-store. I found my tires for my Bonneville at some random website that had them $5 a tire cheaper than tirerack shipped, I sent them the link, and they offered me $8 less per tire than that price after shipping is accounted for. That's $13 per tire less than tirerack.com. I got them installed the next day, didn't wait for shipping, and got a lifetime rotation to boot.

Ok, nearest one is like 3 states away, BUT!!!

Not only do they have free shipping, AND price match, they have a $60 rebate on BF Goodrich tires until May 1st! If my credit card comes in time, Imma get these tires damn cheap

Discount tire is FTW!!!

I'm so glad I live within 20 minutes of 2 locations. Hey, you know what you can do? You can take a road trip to our w-body meet here in northern Illinois in May, and get your tires while you're here! That would be epic.

Buck, how long do you want the tires to last?

Take into account those BFGs wont have good treadlife, wet traction, or snow traction. Well snow traction will be non-existant.

With those youll be in the same boat as those BGFs.. Good dry traction, low tread life.

Wont you have to drive through snow? You sure you want to buy seperate snow tires as well?

If you dont wanna have to buy seperate tires.. heres something to look at. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?yr=2004&pc=44671&counter=1&ar=55&rd=17&vid=008448&sw=false&cs=225

There's a reason I'm not concerned with snow traction.... because no, I won't ever be driving in snow.

I want the best handling tire for the price, and would like them to be halfway quiet and smooth.

I do like the fact that if I go to an all season I get a tread life warranty, but if that sacrifices handling, I'd pass.

So, of the three tires, which

handles best,

is quietest,

is smoothest,

and lasts the longest?