Swapped power for fixed antenna

alec_b

Well the mast on the power antenna on the Regal was junk, and although the motor still worked I didn't feel like swapping the mast, and I don't care for power antenna's anyways. I went to the yard today and got a fixed antenna with base from a newer century. They gave it to me for free too!

I had to modify the base plate a little bit as the curve of the regal quarter panel is different, but that took all of 5 minutes. The top rubber base fit the curve of the quarter perfectly, and the antenna plug was the same. Radio reception is much improved and the car looks better without the little broken stub poking out.

I also grabbed an auto-dim w/ compass mirror out of a newer deville. All I gotta do is run a wire to switched power one of these days, I already put the mirror in. I think I've added one of these mirrors to every GM car I've had. Not really necessary, but cool none-the-less.

ive been thinking of doing this and getting a shorty antenna

You mean one of those rubber antennas that are crooked at the top? I can't stand those things. Something about them makes me think "cheap and trashy". I always wondered if I'm the only one that thinks so because they were real popular a decade ago.