Wow the PCV popped out

dodgethis

I had just walked back to the car after eating dinner with my date. It was going well for the first date until when I started the car, the engine made a horrible noise. It almost sounded like a plug had some how ejected itself out of the block. The whole motor was shaking bad. I found out some how when I cranked the motor over it had enough air (or something) to push the PCV out. I pushed it back in and everything acted normal.

How could this happen?

I thought when I put it in that it was fasten tight. I didnt turn it i just put it back in the slot, I had already replaced the original when I did a tune up on it. I am kinda stumped about the whole thing. I will say this that when it was disconnected, it made a horrible smell coming from the block or exhaust (Can't remember which). Does it do damage to the block with it disconnected? :dunce:

Won't damage anything disconnected, but it'll run poorly unless you plug the tube so there is no more vacuum leak. DON'T plug the PCV hole in the valve cover - or you'll blow out so other seal instead.