Sorry, don't get on here much!

1989 TURBO GRAN PRIX

I heard about this site totally by accident and posted up some and then really had forgotten about it!

Guess it's because I NEVER mess with my 89 Gran Prix Turbo. I used to take it to shows, but it has been sitting in the garage now for about two years. It's quite a shame; as it only has 7,100 miles! I have talked to various collector folks and they told me mine should be worth some serious bucks as this one was the pace car used in the movie Days Of Thunder. I bought it from a General Motor Auction several years ago and had it ever since.

It is so interesting for me to see so many W bodies so loved and cared for!

I had even forgotten the name of the Forum..... ~ LOL ~

Jim

Sorry guys, no current pictures... had it stored in the garage under cover for over two years now... in fact it has been garaged every since I've had it and I have TONS of stuff piled around it. I would have to move a lotta stuff and push it out of the garage and wouldn't be able to push it back in by myself! It won't start after letting it sit for the last two years! It would be a heck of a chore just to take a picture. However when I get a chance maybe I can open the door and raise up the cover and take a picture but I doubt that'd be very good!

I think there were a total of 4 movie cars. Maybe someone else can chime in here

that's probably the norm. dukes of hazzard, gone in 60 seconds, fast and the furious, etc... they all had multiple cars, usually at least one getting totally wrecked, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I think there were a total of 4 movie cars. Maybe someone else can chime in here

that's probably the norm. dukes of hazzard, gone in 60 seconds, fast and the furious, etc... they all had multiple cars, usually at least one getting totally wrecked, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah I think Gone in 60 had 6 or 7 Mustangs that they used for various scenes. I remember reading that the Dukes of Hazzard crew used over 200 Chargers :lol:

I'm confused... didn't a member from Illinois have a tgp from days of Thunder that got totalled?

Yeah, that was Larry M. I believe. IIRC some girl t-boned him or something a few years ago. He then bought a reeeeally sharp low mileaged red/tan leather TGP that had been on Autotrader for at least the previous 3 years before haha.