Bad Leafspring?

Addicted To Boost

I broke my weak spring when I put in the NAPA end blocks and drove it.

That's like saying you broke your transmission when you did a fluid change. I assume before you put the end blocks on it, you were bottoming out and your only suspension was the rubber stoppers between the shock and the tower.

Actually, I had the shocks out a month before the add of the blocks. the shocks held and had good rebound. I drove 600 miles on the blocks and during that time the spring broke.

Actually, I had the shocks out a month before the add of the blocks. the shocks held and had good rebound. I drove 600 miles on the blocks and during that time the spring broke.

Was the leaf sagging before you put the blocks on?

Need to find lowering springs first :lol:

Did a bunch of work on the 91 today, but didn't have time to check out the back end.... hopefully I'll have time next weekend. :willynilly:

I would assume that you know that he's joking, incase you don't: I believe that having the car sit low on the leaf springs without the "pucks" will wear out the struts quickly and prematurely.

Need to find lowering springs first :lol:

Did a bunch of work on the 91 today, but didn't have time to check out the back end.... hopefully I'll have time next weekend. :willynilly:

I would assume that you know that he's joking, incase you don't: I believe that having the car sit low on the leaf springs without the "pucks" will wear out the struts quickly and prematurely.

You'd be surprised how useless struts are and how much you bounce when the car sits too low. I had a broken Flex-A-Form leaf on there for a while and the ride was less than great. Shocks do nothing at that height.