i think Jeff M should resign as moderator.

Guest TurboSedan

Ah, too easy. Here it is, your last post made simple.

It seems that everything has been said to start flames, and I am merely trying to quench said flames. I like to ramble on and on because it is easier for me to write everything that will be said in the future. You see, I can see the future and know what will be asked, so ill just answer everything at once. BTW Vegeta, april 16th, 2005, stay away from power lines.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff M

• Vegeta

• Gearhead43

• Chris A

im not bitchen its just that i just like seeing w-body eutopia lol. Im cool no matter what happens becuase this is just the internet...but jeff dont think im dissin'(couldnt think of another word) you because i would never do that to you or anyone else on here becuase you guys respect the fact that im young..inexperienced...and trying to save a buck and fulfill my love for cars at the same time and take the time out of your day to answer my oh so novice questions...thats very commendable of all of you...so im happy either way... :)

my posts “Mini-Novels”, I took it not as a slam, knew you were just giving me some shit :cheers:

I always appreciated the fact that you could be so precisely expressive. I, not as often now, but used to find it hard to come up with enough to say.

And I gotta say it... oh no I can't, er shouldn't... well nevermind.

Ah, too easy. Here it is, your last post made simple.

It seems that everything has been said to start flames, and I am merely trying to quench said flames. I like to ramble on and on because it is easier for me to write everything that will be said in the future. You see, I can see the future and know what will be asked, so ill just answer everything at once. BTW Vegeta, april 16th, 2005, stay away from power lines.

Jeff M

im not bitchen its just that i just like seeing w-body eutopia lol. Im cool no matter what happens becuase this is just the internet...but jeff dont think im dissin'(couldnt think of another word) you because i would never do that to you or anyone else on here becuase you guys respect the fact that im young..inexperienced...and trying to save a buck and fulfill my love for cars at the same time and take the time out of your day to answer my oh so novice questions...thats very commendable of all of you...so im happy either way... :)

Got it, no problem. It just looked like you were really bothered by all the info I put in there, as it was really just info to understand how not to get into an argument, and set off flames :lol: And is why I used emocons to show I was not pissed, still given you a chance to clear things up or ask a question :)

Jeff M

In most cases people who are banned from internet forums, chatrooms, etc are people who are not serious about the hobby the particiular forum, chatroom addresses. They are there for the purpose of disrupting the normal friendly discussions that take place day to day.They do not care about their actions. Any attempt to rationlize with them is VAIN. And only serves the purpose of further disruputions.

Throwing a book at them serves no purpose. You warn them once. With a plain simple statement. Second offense, you take action. Ban em.

Imagine if we had threads this long about turbo cam discussions, heads upgrades(porting genII or genIII swaps), turbo upgrade(discuss compressor maps), or even talk about TGP tuning(chips). There are a lot of guys out there that want to talk about this stuff, but everytime it's brought up hardly anyone replies. :?

I realize that sometimes threads like these are necessary, but this is getting out of hand. This thread serves no real purpose anymore. It's just everyone trying to one up everyone else. If you want to keep a useless thread alive go post in the "fuck" thread in the whatever forum. :roll: :)

Imagine if we had threads this long about turbo cam discussions, heads upgrades(porting genII or genIII swaps), turbo upgrade(discuss compressor maps), or even talk about TGP tuning(chips). There are a lot of guys out there that want to talk about this stuff, but everytime it's brought up hardly anyone replies. :?

I realize that sometimes threads like these are necessary, but this is getting out of hand. This thread serves no real purpose anymore. It's just everyone trying to one up everyone else. If you want to keep a useless thread alive go post in the "fuck" thread in the whatever forum. :roll: :)

Exactly! Like my neighbor would say.....all this man power going to waste. :roll:

Imagine if we had threads this long about turbo cam discussions, heads upgrades(porting genII or genIII swaps), turbo upgrade(discuss compressor maps), or even talk about TGP tuning(chips).

Very good point.

If you want to keep a useless thread alive go post in the "fuck" thread in the whatever forum. :roll: :)

Hey the FUCK thread is a vital part of this website. :lol: It (used to) keep all the anger about everyday stuff separate from what is going on w/ our cars. Without it, I think all would be lost. :wink:

Hm I was talking about chips and the reflashing / reprogramming of it. Don't know how jiffy lube got into this nor what the restaurants have to do with this. Obviously not everyone knows how to do chip programming and I guess those people are going to buy DHP, and like, but since we are talking about ENTHUSIAST and those usually have some level of competance they can certainly do chip reprogramming.

Shawn I had some respect for you before but .... I guess I pissed you off somewhere.

Get over it

Actually, no disrespect intended. My intent was just to point out the silliness of the point you were trying to make.

Jeff, Ben, and others are offering their services to people because they don't WANT to do it themselves. They don't WANT to invest the time, mental effort, and labor to do it themselves.

Jiffy Lube, car washes, and restaurants were simply examples of businesses that provide products/services that anyone can learn to do for themselves, they don't WANT to invest the time or effort to do so.

Jeff, Ben, and whoever else are fulfilling a market for people who want a chip and would rather give up a few bills than spend the time and effort making their own. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's how society and capitalism works.

Guest TurboSedan

Hey the FUCK thread is a vital part of this website. :lol: It (used to) keep all the anger about everyday stuff separate from what is going on w/ our cars. Without it, I think all would be lost. :wink:

hahaha that FUCK thread i started....i never had any idea it would grow to 175+ pages! cracks me up :lol: :lol: but yeah, this thread is useless now IMO. that's kind of why i started a thread on the 3-stage boost control....to get on with things and start learning more about our cars, not useless flames and disrespect! peace!

joshua

Ok. I realize I'm new to this forum, but I've been on the other TGP forum for a little while. I just wanted to throw in another angle to look at this dilemma from. If it's going to cause trouble, please moderators, just tell me to shut up :shock:

I've been selling junk yard parts on eBay for a little while, now. I've gotten very good at it in a very short amount of time. In fact, I consistently get more for the items I sell than just about anyone else selling the same items. It's gotten to the point that I'm debating quitting my regular job of 7 years to pursue this full time. Why? Simple. Research. Lots of it! I try to find out as much as I can about what I'm selling. I spend a lot of time finding out which parts are worth pulling, looking into what kind of people are bidding and what key-words are attracting them, seeing if color plays a role, getting info on all makes, models, and years the part will work for, and typing up a long, extensively detailed description containing what I have found. The result? Way more views on my auctions resulting in higher bids.

Now imagine some lazy ass bum comes a long and decides he's going to copy all my hard work and paste it into the description for his auction. (I am NOT calling anyone on this forum lazy....or an ass.....or a bum :shock: This is just an extreme example to reflect on because sometimes we are so deeply rooted in our stance on a subject in life that we fail to clear our heads and see it from another persons point of view. Maybe a fresh prospective will hold it under a different light for us. This analogy doesn't really have a direct correlation {not to be mistaken with coral calcium} to the current circumstances on this thread. So do NOT take this as a personal shot at ANY OF YOU!!!!) This jack ass is now going to score more money than he ever would have gotten on his own intellect off of my hard work and time. Sure, he changed a couple things here or there, and maybe he decided not to use the top paragraph. But the bottom line is, the key things making it better then his efforts remains. Now imagine this....guy :x ....getting mad at ME when I e-mail him and tell him to change it before I report him to eBay. The nerve of this guy! Calling ME a cry baby? Why, because I won't let him make money off my work? In the great words of Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Youuuuu ssson of a bitch!"

This HAS happened quite a few times. It's aggravating to sit there and have to police eBay to see who's stealing my material. This guy is perfectly capable of typing a description from scratch, but won't because he doesn't want to do it himself. But he doesn't want to pay for what he's taking, either.

Moral is, it's pretty easy to get upset over something you worked your ass of for and someone else benefits from. Tends to make you defensive and protective of it. It's only natural, so I understand where Jeff M is coming from. For dumb asses like me that know nothing about pulling a motor, much less tuning a chip :cry: , we rely on people like Jeff M. To us, $275 is a bargain, not a rip off. Hypertech wanted $300 for a N/A Pontiac 6000 chip, and you'd be lucky if you got 15 H.P. extra out of it!!!!

I've never bought anything of Jeff's. In fact, I've only had a TSTE for about a month now. Actually, he bought hundreds of dollars worth of stuff off me! Yet, he still answered what must have been another long and tedious email full of novice questions for me....all for the retail price of....$0!!! (which I could barely afford! :P )

Malibuolds and anyone else who can tune, you are lucky bastards for being qualified to mess with one of these TGPs yourselves. I envy you guys (and I'm not being sarcastic). But please, for the sake of retards like me, don't say Jeff M is ripping people off. It only seems that way to you because you have the ability to DIY. He's charging MORE than a reasonable price for the product he's got and the time and effort put into making it. You guys just happen to be part of a small few knowledgeable enough to do it yourself. You don't need Jiffy Lube :lol: Well...neither do I, actually. I'm not that pathetic, heh. (quietly schedules his next Jiffy Lube visit :oops: ). - I KID, I KID!!!

Chris, it got the traffic for sure :shock: , maybe more so from those smelling the sent of battle :twisted: . I have seen member names posted here I never heard of, and some I have not seen here in a long time :shock: , I think there were a few members casting their lure to see what they could snag, everyone loves dirty laundry :lol: .

Heyeboy, I am one who can see you used lots of emoicons and pullbacks to make sure guys would not take your overview as a slam to them, its still volatile water here though and no matter how well you walk around the hot stuff, someone is going to go off so careful 8) , maybe you will have better luck than me :oops: . Maybe use the word “guy1†and “guy2†instead of those other names, it doesn’t take much to set some guys off, but we are working on that :read: .

Take care

Jeff M