i think Jeff M should resign as moderator.

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

i vote Jeff M be demoted from moderator back down to regular forum member. maybe a poll should be started?

it is my personal opinion that Jeff M was a very poor choice for a moderator due to the fact that he is a VENDOR(!) in the 1st place, and the amount of critisism he has gotten lately shows his quickly decreasing popularity due to the fact that he still JUST DOESN'T GET IT. your chip is out there Jeff and people (like me) will do whatever they want to it whether you like it or not. it's a modified GM AZRC chip. like you make. and make profit from. btw, have you sent thank you cards to GM AZRC chip programmers yet for the profits you've made from their work? or are you going to continue to bash Kenny because he did exactly what you did BUT didn't make a profit from it?

i'd like to see Chris A replace him myself, but then again he is already a moderator on the other forum. there have been more problems on this forum since Jeff has shown up again, and making him a moderator has obviously backfired. this is not to say he doesn't know his shit with TGP's; i just don't think he makes a good moderator. am i the only one that thinks this way or what? or is this post going to be deleted right away?

joshua (DIY all the way)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff M

• Vegeta

• Gearhead43

• Chris A

I to think jeff the chip nazi should resign from moderator.

as for shawn redturby and brian should be the only moderators for a time.

I don't even have a tgp and think he should be booted.

for reasons:

Who the hell do you think you are jeff your not god your not my mom or dad so why do you think you can tell people how to act.

it was nice and pleasant till you came back as moderator

reason 2 :

about your damn chip

who ever has the damn chip cool beans but whoever is rippin gm off and then bitchin about it are dumb fucks

if gm wanted to be assholes you and others who tune chips would be in some deep shit.

and wow your name is in it great grand wonderful.

i only come in the tgp forum to see what is up in tgp land. so you can bash me all you want but jeff you think your god with all these rules and shit...

I for one talk to brian all the time and you said in a previous post that you talked to all the moderators he says different so your a liar

so i think you should just give up tryin to be a moderator cause your an nazi ass wipe who needs to realize that your rippin gm off either way so just shut your pie hole

well that is my 2 cents but i get right to the point and jeff you think your so smart tellin ppl. what they did or didn't do you don't kno everything mr. big shot

Jeremy

and wow your name is in it great grand wonderful.

Jeremy

*edit*

My lips are sealed about the step down question! :shock:

The chip with "jeffm" in the Hex I would like to see it proven. Seriously! :lol:

The Rules of Conduct and Posting Practices Topic was supposed to be those asking questions about those rule and practices, but it ended up being once again highly fueled/flamed by a few who basically don’t like there are rules, and that I had a chip/product that was stolen and distributed in another chip and used this to try and leverage there being no protection from postings of anyone’s products here. Sorry once the facts were proven and the flames on the other side at their peak the post got locked, but you have yourself to blame for pushing your personal attacks to the limit. And YES I had to reply to those harsh and personal attacks against me with the facts, true the facts back at those people were painful for those proven for what they are but if someone wanted to avoid that they should of PM’d me as the rules state, then the final outcome could have been posted on the board, and final outcomes to the board works best and I have used it already to update the Rules and PP. Kenny, did you ever think to just ask me to use the performance part of my chip for a few manual TGPs? But you never did! By content of your statements (5 manual TGPs) this really would not have been a ton of “my wallet†money would it!? You know and many others do that I am a giving individual, and I do not/could not see my chips and pipes as some big income (though ever heard of freedom of enterprise??) to a small group of a possible 5,000 TGP and TSTE owners, and of those who actually knew about the pipe and chip that would take that down to a lot less as a huge customer base and big bucks like you say, get real! I have many who have gotten so much free help in emails it’s insane, and I have given (and received some as well) so many free items (NO SALES!) its very rewarding to both side there is so much of this. I have parted out a lot of the parts on my TGP to local TGP owners needing good parts cheap, some of it free as well. Just another example, I once made up 25 McLaren emblems to replace the Pontiac one on the front grill, I am now down to 3 and none of the other 22 were ever sold! But Kenny and others, seeing how you treat others on this board it is no surprise you have not gotten anything free from me…..though an offer to borrow a data-logger from me and all the reviews of logged runs and custom chips sent that would of followed from me, along with a quote to only charge you an extra $5 over the cost of a TopGun chip, all to help you in the beginning with making a custom manual chip (to a potential customer base of 5 buyers) WAS a gracious offer that you must of forgotten? That is how I am to people, helpful and honest (and very patient, to a point), but Kenny you can skip over those facts, cry foul, twist the words around to suit you, or whatever but you and others that are like you or are following your blindly are making a name and reputation for yourselves, and though you don’t see (or care) how the larger percentage of members here see this for those facts, I will be watching in the future how your conduct it towards others and will be judging things accordingly.

Jeff M

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!!! I'm getting so sick of the political bull shit surrounding these stupid cars!!! I think you should all shut up and stuff the chips up your ass!!!!!

Mailb, you are clueless bastard with nothing better to do than rant and rave to jeff about the supposed inferiority of his chip, and his inability to be a moderator because he OWNS A BUSINESS!?! You know what, I'm a mod for dsmlife.com, and also a guess, what, VENDOR!!!! No one cares that you can trashtalk all f'in day about a chip someone actually DID WORK ON!! You are CLUELESS!! Do you know what it takes to make the proper modifications to a chip to make it perform well and reliably, without blowing your engine? Guess what, I do.. WOOPTEEDOO!!!!! Untill you have something to show for many many hours of work, instead of ripping someone elses off, GET OVER IT!!!!

Jeff, man I have major respect for what you have done for the TGP community, and all the time and effort put into your products, but you SUCK as a moderator!! You keep fueling this little ahole's fire by bantering back and forth with him instead of LETTING IT GO!! GROW UP!! You have a good product. You market it, you make a profit if your lucky and work hard. Just like any other manufacturer out there you WILL get trash talked by someone who is trying to put you out. It's called BUSINESS!! I have competitors here who actually have commercials trash talking my shop! Do you see me crying?!? NO! Because I KNOW that I have a superiorservice, and even if the peopel go to the other places once, they will be back.

And to both of you. I have never seen a board of auto enthusiats so childish, and I;m on DSMTUNERS!!!!!! You people are actually starting to make me hate this friggin car, because in the occasion where I need som einfo from someone who has messed with them, I have to sort through numerous posts of bantering about stupid BULLSHIT! Yes, I support Jeff for his work, and yes I agree malib his prices are a little high. But in case you havent noticed its not like everyone HAS a TGP in the world! And Jeff, you need to just let it go man. Keep up the work, and learn to IGNORE PEOPLE!

So, ban me if you like(no big loss right about now). But Shut up and get on with the real reason we are all here.. to make these pieces of shit go fast!!!

Guest TurboSedan

whoa! easy there! :) having a bad day? :) sorry but i DON'T think vendors should be allowed to be moderators. that's just my opinion! it sounds like we agree and disagree, that's cool. i didn't slam Jeff or his products (i even said he 'knows his shit with the TGP's' and that was a compliment and i've complimented his products/workmanship before). my whole point about starting this thread was that Jeff M DOES suck as a moderator. which you apparantly agree with along with at least a few others here. i think all of this soap opera crap would be over if Jeff M wasn't a mod with all of these rules (that we never needed before btw), and he is just as guilty as alot of us (me included) when it comes to the never ending arguements that this forum does not need. yes i am guilty of the 'crap' but am only one of many that are.

and there were NO problems before Jeff's arrival, i think that just goes to show.....we all get along fine without him egging other people on and on (not to say Jeff is the only one that does that of course). and you have no idea if i'm a clueless bastard or not (have you personally met me?). ok so maybe i'm a bastard but i'm not clueless :P personally i don't think you should take this forum so seriously. i found that one out last week for myself and i take all arguements and flames with a grain of salt now. much better now :) maximage i hope your day goes better! seriously.

joshua

Rob, You are right, I should not let the few kids and their bad mouthing get to me, I felt I was keeping it factual but when I had to prove my point, it does and would get personal enough to fuel the flame, BUT like you said, kill and it and go, good words to go with things. You are right, there are many more who know I will take good care of them and always be there as the last 8 years has proven for people. My “business†(chips and pipes, not too big), will survive and so will I.

I have out of town relatives that I need to focus on here at home, so hope others have something better to do than flaming this more (thanks Rob for your good points!).

Jeff M

Guest TurboSedan
You are CLUELESS!! Do you know what it takes to make the proper modifications to a chip to make it perform well and reliably, without blowing your engine? Guess what, I do.. WOOPTEEDOO!!!!! Untill you have something to show for many many hours of work, instead of ripping someone elses off, GET OVER IT!!!!

actually you are right - i am clueless! hey, everyone needs to start somewhere. i fully intend to immerse myself in the fine art of chip tuning. i definately have the interest (i think it would be really fun to get a clue!). wish me luck! peace

joshua

Sorry guys, about flying off the handle. It's just that seeing people who are into the same things getting into political style debates over something trivial is hard to stomach. You both are great people, I I really enjoy talking with you and gaining information from your experience. I would really hate to see this board destroyed by something so small. No, can anyone tell me how the hell to keep transmissions in this car!! Number 8 just went bye bye last night! I go through more trannies in this thing than my Supra goes through head gasktes! I've gotten to the point wher I even know what tools to lay out, and the best way to get the stupid thing out. I dont think with my mods I am going over 300 hp so shouldnt even a modest rebuild with some upgrades hold that?

Guest TurboSedan
Sorry guys, about flying off the handle. It's just that seeing people who are into the same things getting into political style debates over something trivial is hard to stomach. You both are great people, I I really enjoy talking with you and gaining information from your experience. I would really hate to see this board destroyed by something so small. No, can anyone tell me how the hell to keep transmissions in this car!! Number 8 just went bye bye last night! I go through more trannies in this thing than my Supra goes through head gasktes! I've gotten to the point wher I even know what tools to lay out, and the best way to get the stupid thing out. I dont think with my mods I am going over 300 hp so shouldnt even a modest rebuild with some upgrades hold that?

no problem at all for flying off the handle; god knows i've done it before, as many others have.

as for trannies, have you considered a 5-speed swap? otherwise i think idbeast had a very strongly built TGP 4T60 trans in his car (the purple trans). he might be able to help you out....

joshua

Jeff won't be demoted unless A) He steps down voluntarily, or B) Joe and Brian both request it.

Honestly, I don't see what the problem is. Everyone's ragging on Jeff for no reason. Jeff put many man hours into tweaking, testing, and tuning his chip. He doesn't want his work modified and redistributed, which is understandable since he's managed to find a market for his work. Common courtesy would say you respect the man's wishes, and just go make your own and quit complaining.

Guest TurboSedan
Rob, You are right, I should not let the few kids and their bad mouthing get to me

Jeff M

remember Jeff, the 'major players' involved in the recent arguements with you are NOT kids! wording it that way will only lead to more flames. just a suggestion.

joshua

Stop being a retard junior.

Jeff doesn't need to be a moderator. "im sooo busy" blah blah blah. Ive read his posts and if he is so damn busy why would he accept being a moderator here? Poor judgment shawn, there are others who would have been less controversial and have more time to be a mod in the TGP section. I wonder who confronts who in this, shawn ask jeff or jeff ask shawn.

Ok...now this is getting really stupid. "stole gms code". Go fuck with DHP, hypertech, ads, fastchip, and ME cause all those mentioned sell reprogrammed stock chips. What jeff did is NOT wrong. I have tried to refrain from this but it seems the ignorance in the TGP section is out of hand.

If you copy hypertechs chip, do you think hypertech cares? I certainly hope so, god knows I would care if some piece of shit copied what I do in the chips and gave them away or sold them. Why? Cause I spent months learning to tune, and then time on a dyno once I knew what I was doing. I'll help anyone tune their own car if they want to take the time to learn, but copying someone else's hard work (not GM, whoever started that discussion was pulling for an excuse) and making 1 change (a flag for instance for the 5 speeds, and maybe the throttle follower so it runs nicer) and giving it away is bullshit. Use a STOCK chip, make the 5 speed changes, and do your own damn research if you want to give away the performance increase aspect of it.

I hate ignorant people, and right now there are a mob of you fucks on here. If you don't agree with Jeff's price, or his changes, make your own, don't copy his and give it away. No respect at all, and no sense of morals. Compete if you want, but don't steal.

Guest TurboSedan

ok so my post got deleted. how nice. i wasnt' being harsh. jeeezz....here it is again. i believe in freedom of speech:

i personally think Ben would make a great moderator! i remember he was one of the 'late' moderators at EFI-Street and i thought he did a Great job, even tho that forum was in its inevitable downward spiral at that point. he's not too serious (not controversial), he's not an asshole - i think we all know Vegeta keeps it REAL and would be better suited to this. some may consider him a vendor, BUT, he doesn't do turbo chips and does not own FFP. not to mention all of the chip experience he has besides owning a 3.1 and 3.4 DOHC car.

but, we all need to remember this is Shawn's forum and we should all thank him for his service to us. he can do whatever he wants. he's doing all of us a HUGE favor. we in turn need to keep this forum alive and not let it go down the tubes like EFI-Street did. what Shawn says goes. not Jeff, or the other moderators (at least i think that's how it goes). personally i think if i posted a poll about weather Jeff M should step down as moderator, i think he would be ousted by popular demand....of course i could be completely wrongo. doesn't matter anyway so i'm not going to be some stupid ass and post such a useless poll. but, maybe there is a learning curve going on and Jeff just needs to figure it out. i sure as hell wouldn't want to be a moderator, i would be the worst ever! i hope this all works out!

we're all here to make a W-body fast, cool, and unique. let's all just let it go at that and 'play nice'. we all will do whatever we want to do to our cars (at least i sure as hell am). of course no one should belittle, slam or just plain be an asshole here (yes i do admit that i have been at fault at this in the past)....but that crap happens sometimes. it should be expected now & then. this forum has grown to the point that there are enough members now to discuss problems/soulutions at GREAT length (obviously)......

so let's (instead) praise each other on good time slips or safe street races, give good advice, help other people out on car problems, whatever. i for one have always been here for that. does anyone here want to know about a TGP engine swap or Getrag 282 swap? ask me! that's what i'm here for! and there are so many members here that know SO MUCH MORE....bottom line....we are all on the same side....um.....ok...?

Guest TurboSedan
Ok...now this is getting really stupid. "stole gms code". Go fuck with DHP, hypertech, ads, fastchip, and ME cause all those mentioned sell reprogrammed stock chips. What jeff did is NOT wrong. I have tried to refrain from this but it seems the ignorance in the TGP section is out of hand.

If you copy hypertechs chip, do you think hypertech cares? I certainly hope so, god knows I would care if some piece of shit copied what I do in the chips and gave them away or sold them. Why? Cause I spent months learning to tune, and then time on a dyno once I knew what I was doing. I'll help anyone tune their own car if they want to take the time to learn, but copying someone else's hard work (not GM, whoever started that discussion was pulling for an excuse) and making 1 change (a flag for instance for the 5 speeds, and maybe the throttle follower so it runs nicer) and giving it away is bullshit. Use a STOCK chip, make the 5 speed changes, and do your own damn research if you want to give away the performance increase aspect of it.

I hate ignorant people, and right now there are a mob of you fucks on here. If you don't agree with Jeff's price, or his changes, make your own, don't copy his and give it away. No respect at all, and no sense of morals. Compete if you want, but don't steal.

that's exactly what i'm doing Ben. are you bipolar? i am. supposedly i am anyway....altho i've taken tests at the hospital that show i'm not. stupid doctors trying to make money in bed with the FDA. yeah! load me up with Xanax & Klonopin! fucking america takes the easy way out again. YES i am trying to change the subject!!!!! ANY subject is better than this stupid crap.

btw, i learned to burp when my older brother stole some Valium ampules from a hosptial pharmacy. i broke one open and drank it (10mg). the other ampule was spread over a joint. that's when i learned how to burp. i just thought you guys should know. I MEAN YOU ALL GIVE A SHIT RIGHT!?!?!?!

joshua

but copying someone else's hard work (not GM, whoever started that discussion was pulling for an excuse) and making 1 change (a flag for instance for the 5 speeds, and maybe the throttle follower so it runs nicer) and giving it away is bullshit. Use a STOCK chip, make the 5 speed changes, and do your own damn research if you want to give away the performance increase aspect of it.

I hate ignorant people,

So you know for sure that all that happened was one change to the Jeff's chip and it was given away? Or are you making a statement by what Jeff has said and you are taking it for gospel?

Let me ask all of you something...if a man is making money (no matter how set for life he is :roll: ) and someone else might pull away some of that money (no matter how small the market...it is still cash)...wouldn't you do what you could to ensure the cash kept coming in to your own pocket? Wouldn't you want to be known as the "only person" who could make a specific car run like a raped ape? Wouldn't you want to keep other people from the DIY aspect of chip tuning so that the little bit of cash kept coming into your pocket...not someone elses? So if you tell a bunch of stories about the new person that he can not do anything and has screwed up supposedly 4 cars...would that not make everyone doubt the ability of the new guy and secure the cash flow to the "old faithful" on the board?

Anyone who has my chip and is not perfectly satisfied with it...please say so! I have not seen one person who has my chip come on the board to say he is not satisfied with the chip. Not one who has come on hear to say their car has blown up because of my chip. Not a single complaint and three other people who are dying to get their hands on it so their conversion works properly! Has anyone else stepped up to the plate to even attempt to have a 5-speed chip? ANYONE???? No because the market for profit is too small! Using the instruction and patience I got from Mick, I made a chip that worked wonderfully in a TGP 5-speed conversion. I then passed that chip to a few others to enjoy their car without issue! Now all of a sudden there are people seeing the TGP work with a 5-speed and they want a 5-speed in their TGP also. But the market is tainted with free chips for this application and damn it Jeff can't make a profit now! TOUGH SHIT! He had his chance to work with me on a 5-speed chip and dragged his feet forever and I wanted things in motion then. I want things when I want them...especially when I will pay someone for the work! not when they get to it...NOW! I did with Mick what needed to be done to AZRC to make a potent 5-speed chip for my car (LUKEZ34...any issues?). Mick and I did the work to that chip...not a single soul would volunteer any info to make it work! NO ONE!

If you people want to believe I stole the chip...so be it! I have a clear conscience that the work done was mine and Mick's! If it is close to Jeff's...oh well. Jeff's is EXTREMELY close to AZRC as is mine! The name "jeffm" is supposedly in the Hex code??? Prove it! That is a load of shit as these would have been the first words out of Jeff's mouth...not the last!

I try to explain my case and my side of the story and it gets deleted! Why? Because Jeff wants to be the one known as the "only person" who could make a specific car run like a raped ape! As he told me of all his possessions in a recent email...he does not care about the money! My belief is he wants the POWER!

Where the hell is my AVATAR??? :lol:

Who cares who is moderator... does it really matter? A chip is a chip, buy whose you like and don't buy what you don't like... simple. No need to flame people because their prices aren't to par... what prices are good in the world.. nothing, everything is overpriced. Have you gone to the movies lately or golfing... jesus christ prices have doubled in the past 5 years. He can charge anything he wants to.... it's a small concept of supply and demand. he has a specialized product in which he sets his own market price. If people are buying them, then they honestly aren't that overpriced. What other mod can you buy and have installed for less than 300 bucks that will give you the same results??? No wonder nothing gets made for these cars. I wouldn't want to make a damn thing considering all the flack the creators get. Good work Jeff, i'll be buying your chip next summer.

If you didnt use his code at all, thats cool. I have a copy of Jeff's chip, so if someone wants to send me your copy, I can clear this up without a problem. I don't have yours, so I have to go by what has been said on the forums. I didnt say it was so hard that no one else could do it. Hell, I honestly think I can do better than jeffs chip as well but I would need a TGP and time to verify it. Its just that what he changed wouldn't have been my first instinct based on NA chips. Oh wait, im dissecting his chip (right?). I swear those rules are retarded, im not mentioning specifics so if this shit isnt allowed, ill leave no problem. Anyway, I think we should chat sometime. I still need to work on the DF file for mick's software since it has some errors. I just prefer porting heads now to tuning chips.

Why don't people like malibuolds just take some time and chill out, Shawn has spoken and if you don't like it... don't come back. But if you stick around do the board a favor and grow up, this has turned into a kindergarten whining session, and it is now time to introduce you to the corner... give it a break :bawl: :read: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ahhhh, while I was gone from here I had a great time with my out-of-town/state Niece and Bother In-Law, and it was great to come back here and see the belt has loosened up on things :D . I will be (too late to be the first but I did try to start it with my reply to Rob) to step up to supporting a positive Forum, I have always wanted this but at times is what sometimes over fuels me when defending. All the rest of the rules (aside from the one that was beat to death) are there to help people know that we want that too, and how that will be, and to help the Moderators with a list of what will and will not be allowed by the members they moderate, no different than a lot of Internet Discussion Groups. As for some brief answers and I will keep it clean and just pass on those that go at me best I can without touching my toes; Shawn is my boss and has always stood on his own (meaning not a b-buddy) and has always had my respect as well has always treated others with respect (one of the key reasons I stay here) so what he says to me and others goes no matter what, and what he said was right to the point in the shortest words needed, (I need to learn how to do that) :oops: , so not much else matters what we feel. Mali “kids†are anyone not as old as me/47 :lol: , but you are right, I needed to find another word than that, but I know you can feel what I am feeling from all this, I am only human, but as Moderator can’t be as much human and need to learn to let bad mouthing go (as Rob also said), and you are correct, its Shawn’s Forum and I respect that as well as you, and that is supporting and helping each other (I know those same words I used before got missed amongst the rest of the more intense words) so I agree with your there too and will race you for who can post the most :twisted: . Hey1bum, thanks for the nod, you see as Shawn and others do it’s an issue that is over done and we need to go on and I am ready. Vegeta, tough one as the comments change about me so best to ease on that one so as to not offend/fuel things; as being too busy for the board, yep and I really did not want to spend so much time posting recently/helping beat this dead horse but some time has freed up for me as a lot of my projects are getting near completion (that is good news I hope!) and I was looking to get back here and help all I could but it was felt the board needed some rules so we went from there to do as it is said above about rules helping things here for everyone, I think leaving the “my jeffm chip†or “manual†and how that can just keeping going on and on and back and forth is going to add more fuel to the fire (who knows if what is sent to you/manual chip is changed to not read jeffm or the rest anymore, who is to say but I am not going to say for sure either because I will never know for sure) and we agree on chip moding being not against the law (like guys who want chips care anyways), and my price is less than the $350 to $400 that was quoted by 2 Forum members here to have custom chips done, mine is not cheap or free I will give you that, and I am not going to jump on you mentioning your feelings about my chip work, though you can always ask me about some area if its that important (or PM/emails me), but that is only one part of my chip, if you or others eventually bring up a lot of or every table (if there is a real need to :? ) in my chip work then that would be revealing all of it, all at once or a little at a time, its only what makes sense in posting that people can do, and I will go with. Shawn also made it clear his points on things going on and those that did not need to be, and that anyone’s dissecting is not acceptable, yea so I am the only idiot to have something for now so I get to be the target, ok I accept that, someday someone else making something for all of us will be thankful of the rules, and if everyone thinks about it, we will too since they will fell safe enough to offer it up to us :shock: !

For me back to posting help fixes and getting back to emails and my (some are actually fun) relatives.

Jeff M