i think Jeff M should resign as moderator.

Guest TurboSedan

...as a lot of my projects are getting near completion (that is good news I hope!)...

WHOA, watch out there Jeff. I can tell you that every time (I MEAN EVERY DAMN TIME) I fix something on Black Sunshine, something else breaks (this time it was the Upper I/C pipe/ T-stat housing bolt) Don't finish anything. :lol: Always leave one bolt out. Just make sure it isn't TOO important. 8)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jeff M

• Vegeta

• Gearhead43

• Chris A

...as a lot of my projects are getting near completion (that is good news I hope!)...

WHOA, watch out there Jeff. I can tell you that every time (I MEAN EVERY DAMN TIME) I fix something on Black Sunshine, something else breaks (this time it was the Upper I/C pipe/ T-stat housing bolt) Don't finish anything. :lol: Always leave one bolt out. Just make sure it isn't TOO important. 8)

I hear that, and bummer, I know the one bolt you are talking about, I did some looking into this pisser a while ago and found the bolt is too short/does not use all the threads that are in the housing, and that some anti-size is a must if you ever want it out again/not broke. If you can get that old broken bolt out, (maybe you know this) tap the threads and find a longer 8mm X 1.25 bolt to use all the threads in the hole/past the ones that might be beyond a tap cleaning fix, and that anti-size. YES, there is always something hiding around the corner, good thing for me is all the TGP emails I get and posting since 1996, I have heard of a lot of them and try to avoid them when working on peoples TGPs (though I am now starting to work on my TGPs finally!!!).

Good luck

Jeff M

not to really change the subject, but Jeff... how are the heads and injector chip coming along? I am waiting on the chip till those are done, just seeing what the progress on them was. Anyhow, for what it is worth... my gearhead friends all pay around 500 or so to get their cars dyno tuned which gets them to run around the same consistancy as your chip.... should be proud of your price. Oh, and they have to drive 4 hours away to have it done too... and it takes a few days. Fun stuff.

Guest TurboSedan
Why don't people like malibuolds just take some time and chill out, Shawn has spoken and if you don't like it... don't come back. But if you stick around do the board a favor and grow up, this has turned into a kindergarten whining session, and it is now time to introduce you to the corner... give it a break :bawl: :read: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:roll: if you have a problem with me, just PM me. ok? good. my last statement in the previous post was kind of me making fun of myself, but i guess that could have been taken wrong by other people, lol.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan
Who cares who is moderator... does it really matter? A chip is a chip, buy whose you like and don't buy what you don't like... simple. No need to flame people because their prices aren't to par... what prices are good in the world.. nothing, everything is overpriced. Have you gone to the movies lately or golfing... jesus christ prices have doubled in the past 5 years. He can charge anything he wants to.... it's a small concept of supply and demand. he has a specialized product in which he sets his own market price. If people are buying them, then they honestly aren't that overpriced. What other mod can you buy and have installed for less than 300 bucks that will give you the same results??? No wonder nothing gets made for these cars. I wouldn't want to make a damn thing considering all the flack the creators get. Good work Jeff, i'll be buying your chip next summer.

oh i agree with you, but my problem with a vendor being a moderator (and not specifically Jeff being a moderator here), is that he/she can lock posts, delete posts, or post messages that slant the forum so it will generate more money for his or her buisness. i think the rule about 'disecting parts' is a perfect example and that is what REALLY got peoples attention here. but i *think* that's been cleared up for the most part. people are going to do whatever they want to their cars. people have heard enough about this subject to where they can decide for themselves if they want to buy a Jeff M chip or learn a bit of electronics, gain some skill with a solder gun, and get some software/hardware to burn your own for far less (the DIY way). that's what this is really about in my eyes. and with my car having a 5-speed, i obviously can't use a Jeff M chip (i think he should make some!) so i'm forced to go about things differently - and well....hack into the infamous GM AZRC chip. other people do it, so i will too. if things go wrong, at least i have an extra 3.1 V6....wish me luck, i'll need it.

joshua

Gearhead43 <----Dives into the middle of the crossfire!!!.. :shock: :shock: Ehh.. NO wait, I think I'll just skip off the sidelines a bit here.... :oops: :oops:

Well, I think when you get into the business of chip tuning, alot of who copies what is really a GRAY AREA. However, I do agree with the fact that if you worked hard to research, and produce a specific item to boost the performance aspect of a w-body, and you wish to profit from it, YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO SO. But you should not half-copy someone else's hard work and SELL it under your own NAME without the permisson of the other party.

I would not mind to become a moderator on this board. But not at Jeff M's expense and not on the TGP Section. As I do not YET own one. I do not have a problem with Vendors being Moderators as long as they do not use the powers to PROMOTE their busniess.

I think the problem that Jeff M is having with the other individual is a personal business one involving those two. It should not even be discussed on the forums. The nature of the problems sounded more like a legal dispute which should be settled by claims court if neccessary. Not the W-body Forums.

Guest TurboSedan

I think the problem that Jeff M is having with the other individual is a personal business one involving those two. It should not even be discussed on the forums. The nature of the problems sounded more like a legal dispute which should be settled by claims court if neccessary. Not the W-body Forums.

that's what PM's are for i guess (i'm guilty as charged). now if GM decided to get into the mix......then it would be a court thing and all of us chip tuners would be guilty. i really really hope this fighting stuff goes away. i know i fueled alot of it and i regret it (alot of it anyway). i don't think Kenny 'half copied' Jeff's chip. it was a chip made by Mick & Kenny together so people could use a TGP engine with a 5-speed, which Jeff M doesn't offer a chip for. Mick made himself a TGP/5-speed chip before anyone that i know of, and apparantly has a vast knowledge of chip tuning - i really wish he would post more often. granted he has a 3100 turbo (in a Fiero) but it uses 3.1 MPFI electronics. that darn gray area..... and Jeff shouldn't 'step down'. i think he's improved as a moderator quite a bit lately. i actually posted this thread (stupid thread) because he locked another thread after he got the last word in....and then that thread was unlocked the next day....

joshua

Couple of things about why GM does not go After hypertech and DHP like but can go after you.

GM in their effort to make the PROM's unaccesible to us went with a FLASH chip design usually the F400 BX, B5 and the like. The property of this chip is that when reprograming you completley erase the previos version. The only way People modify these chips is by

1. replacing the physical chip with an AMD (Intel is not availble to the public)

2. reflash the original chip using the Motorola processor.

If you replace the physical chip GM would not have a case in court because a good lawyer can make it look like GM did the change and they are out to get the little guy... after Enron it's not hard to prove

If you reflash the chip the only way to know if it's been reprogrammed is to take the chip off an read it otherwise reflash it which make the modded code disappear.

With the original code it's much easier because the stock chip can be wiped and than reprogrammed and read again so there is hard proof that the code has been altered. Than some of you add your name in binary that is just plane stupid.

After all this I don't think GM is going to go after anyone. The new generation is hard to prove and the old generation is dying out plus the bickering and fighting between little companies has this art disappear.

It is pathetic to sell this and make money of it. Anyone with a little knowledge can do what Jeff, Ben and yes even DHP do. It only take time and determination.

Regards Adam S.

It is pathetic to sell this and make money of it. Anyone with a little knowledge can do what Jeff, Ben and yes even DHP do. It only take time and determination.

HAHAH! Good one!

Jiffy lubes are pathetic because anyone with little knowledge can change their own oil.

Restaurants are pathetic because anyone with a little time and determination can cook a meal.

Car washes are pathetic because anyone with a little time and determination can wash their own car.

Whatever YOU do to make money, is pathetic because I'm sure anyone with a little knowledge, time, and determination can do it too!

Get real.

HAHAH! Good one!

Jiffy lubes are pathetic because anyone with little knowledge can change their own oil.

Restaurants are pathetic because anyone with a little time and determination can cook a meal.

Car washes are pathetic because anyone with a little time and determination can wash their own car.

Whatever YOU do to make money, is pathetic because I'm sure anyone with a little knowledge, time, and determination can do it too!

Get real.

Hm I was talking about chips and the reflashing / reprogramming of it. Don't know how jiffy lube got into this nor what the restaurants have to do with this. Obviously not everyone knows how to do chip programming and I guess those people are going to buy DHP, and like, but since we are talking about ENTHUSIAST and those usually have some level of competance they can certainly do chip reprogramming.

Shawn I had some respect for you before but .... I guess I pissed you off somewhere.

Get over it

Regards Adam S.

Hm I was talking about chips and the reflashing / reprogramming of it. Don't know how jiffy lube got into this nor what the restaurants have to do with this. Obviously not everyone knows how to do chip programming and I guess those people are going to buy DHP, and like, but since we are talking about ENTHUSIAST and those usually have some level of competance they can certainly do chip reprogramming.

Shawn I had some respect for you before but .... I guess I pissed you off somewhere.

Get over it

Regards Adam S.

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't know anyone that has hacked L36/L67 codeset. I know Magnus(from camarov6.com) was hacking the L36 codeset, but that takes hundreds of hours of work deciphering the tables. Anyways, to get to the point, that is where DHP comes in. I know that my brother had Dave Buckshaw reprogram his camaro L36/4L60E combo that we swapped into his '92 S-10. He has 3.73 gears, and no L36 camaro ever had higher than 3.42 so a Tec2 was out of the picture. So, out it went to Dave for a reflash. Now, I know where your coming from in the OBDI arena as there are a lot of OBDI definition files. Although, the $8f wasn't really readily available until recently. 8) At least not that I could find, and I didn't want to do the work. :P

Adam, your choice of words meant only disrespect, so I think you need to get over yourself. Shawn's analogy was right on the money. If you had respect for shawn, you wouldn't be a pussy right now and start whining about how you 'had respect until he tore my post apart".

HAHAH! Good one!

Get real.

Get over it

Regards Adam S.

I know it can be tough to see this :( , and it may confuse you and others at times that something is being taken away from their post’s point :confused: but in this case Adam, Shawn’s type of wording was out of respect to you actually in giving examples of what he was saying in reply to your post 8) . This respectful approach is done to try and avoid someone feeling a direct finger is being pointed at the person but is instead sent to referenced examples/a non-personal format, this is done to try and avoid flames and be respectful :) . So it might be good when reading an odd/seemingly out of character post from someone to take a break, even consider first what respect a person should get as any individual, a member here who has offered good help and info, and as the owner of this Forum (no emocon for thinking) . We need to not get too “Guilty until Proven Innocent†but more democratic :D . Best to just ask if you are not sure of the intent behind another’s words, meaning you can always ask Shawn what he meant or was trying to get at, and a lot of guys do this here 8) . We also should not all be too fast at dismissing anyone’s respect level/sort of like eBay’s feedback page, or an emotional/personal bank account such as where someone gets 30 positive deposits and gets 3 negatives withdrawals, that person is still in the green/one to trust and respect and give a little slack to. This you can often see this positive side/deposits in people who post with help, from that you can learn the person and by how they talk when they help others, what level of respect they are earning. This can help in deciding if someone has all of a sudden changed from being a decent person :evil: , or might have just misspoke themselves :oops: , or somebody just didn’t understand their translation of thought into typed words :confused: . Even with as intense as I have gotten in the past (working on that! :oops: ) it takes a while before I open the bomb-bay doors, I want to give people a chance to prove they earned my harder words, or from a positive perspective, give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise :!: .

Typed words; emails, posts and etc are some of the worst forms of communications, HOW CAN anyone tell your tone of voice being used, that the person typing is mad, sad or whatever? I can type “go fish†and someone might take it as keep looking/searching you are getting close, or another might think its to get lost, one way has been taken with good translation, the other not, its very easy to go astray and miss the point and get upset or frustrated or whatever. We all take for granted our tone of voice, I can say “go fish†or “Get Real†in a stern or retaliatory voice that is obvious what is meant :flip: , or say it in laugh (and with a smile if we are face to face) :D and it’s known to not be a slam, OR somewhere in the middle. In the beginning, communication on the internet/all typed communication had problems arising from confusion regarding the tone of voice which was not there, not knowing what was really meant since there was no longer that key element/tone of voice. This is why emocons (emotional icons) were started, and now here on this Forum those that are made more elaborate than the typical ;-} to further help out that lack of intent to wording/tone of voice. I am the worst at not using these :oops: , but for me my typical tone of voice is alomst always factual and mono-tone :read: , and MUST be read that way (too often its not, therefore I need to help others with more emocons :!: ). Most who know me that are use to mono-tone info being spewed at them have no problem 8) , but others complex like Chris A got going at me with frustration in our first typed communications/years ago, not that bad mind you but we were both frustrated at the same time as us wanting very much to share and exchange info, so we decided to talk on the phone, that took care of that problem right then :D , and we now can understand each other’s posts much better (I can understand his better than he can figure out my odd grammar). This problem with typed communications is NO SURPRISE, Laws are written in such lengths in hopes to cover anyone’s interpretation, but still ends up with lawyers and judges trying to help that out in court. All the different denominations of religious beliefs have many interpretations of the Bible, no different here or in emails or whatever is typed/written.

I added a lot of info here, and it's NOT :read: solely at you but to help everyone (and me) to get along and enjoy this Forum better (and I think one of the reasons Shawn enlisted my observational skills, at least I hope so :lol: ).

So, sorry to get so philosophical but I believe it needs to get down to the roots so that this forum can grow :wink: !.

Jeff M

Guest TurboSedan

So, sorry to get so philosophical but I believe it needs to get down to the roots so that this forum can grow :wink: !.

Jeff M

i think you cleared that up pretty good Jeff. like if we were all in a local car club and actually KNEW each other and could TALK to each other directly, we'd probably all be pretty good friends :P

joshua

Jeff M

i think you cleared that up pretty good Jeff. like if we were all in a local car club and actually KNEW each other and could TALK to each other directly, we'd probably all be pretty good friends :P

joshua

Wow Jeff, where you find the time to write that book? :shock:

Actually, yes we could probably be good friends, But I have been personally invovled in a situtation where enemies were made within the car club because of petty bullcrap about club officer titles, and the fact that they all felt like they were stepping on each others toes and getting pissed off to the point of fist fights.

We all need to remember... This is JUST a CAR CLUB :!: Nobody is running for Congress here. So if we do have petty disagreements, it best to just MOVE ON and GET OVER IT :!:

LOL, yeah Jeff I had to go back and read through a couple (er, a dozen!) of the first emails (saved all of them ya know!). I laugh now about the s-10 I had, and your "S-15 Jimmy" he he....what a world of difference.

And its true. As we became to know and understand each other and a few phone calls its become far easier to understand the text. And its something I forget from time to time too when dealing with someone I don't know as well.

Some people take a little longer to try and make sure they are explaining exactly what they mean. (and a few dozen smilies).

I've also come to appreciate "Instant Gratification". I tried to do everything I could myself mostly to save money. Why have someone else do it, when I could do it? But then TIME became on short order and it was more valuable to buy things ready made. Much like Shawns very good examples. When there is no stove, and you need to eat and "ya ain't go time to cook" eatin out is where its at. Yes we are all enthusiasts, but some of us don't have time to do it all!

Chris

Vegeta and Kadoi, come on guys, quit your b-ichen :bash: , this only starts more flames, are we going to add help or just more opinions against words and efforts here, I guess my words were not enough since you had nothing positive to offer :roll: ? If you insist upon banging on things then you will need to check your PM's! :read: Others seemed to read my info and said is cleared a lot of things up/takes a lot of words to get there, and we were starting to get some good shared feelings going on here. Alright Kadoi :) , you might not mind so much info if it was to help fix your sensor being stuck :naughty: . AS ALWAYS, no one makes anyone read all my posts or anyone elses…..unless you want to learn more about that subject, or already know it but from the replies, sounds like it could have been used. Gearhead43 and Mali, I think we would get along well in a club, probably like the ones I was in where we got together at 3pm and stayed up till the next morning, could not get enough of sharing ideas, adding to those ideas, discussing engine and turbos and tuning and products and the occasional hotty strolling by. Gearhead43, I hear ya on some bad past experiences, I am trying to learn from those I have seen on other boards, its tough though for sure to hold back but I hate to see this great Forum take a dive, or be closed down! And I read these posts 3 times to make sure I did not miss the intent as best as possible, if I miss-read your intents then I apologize (maybe an emocon would of helped)!

Jeff M

Chris, yep, the more intense people are the harder it is to figure them out and their words :shock: . I remember in the past you calling some of my posts “Mini-Novelsâ€Â, I took it not as a slam, knew you were just giving me some shit :cheers: , and since we knew each other, took it with stride and laughed at myself then. Not to defend what you already know, I see guys posting back and forth asking the next (to me) inevitable questions in their pursuit to figure out and fix a problem, then another post and wait for an answer, over and over till there are pages of talk. I just like to give all the info I can, cover all the bases and give people a ground covering understanding that allows them to have the learned tools to know how to get things figured out soon as possible. And that block of info is there for the next person having the same problem, instead of reading all the posts and replies trying to pull out the info they need, I seem to be thought of as odd :fruity: for making this a suppository of info to use instead of most posts made :lol: . But that is the way I am :twisted:

Jeff M

Sorry jeff, I don't care to write out a trilogy so people can comprehend what im sayin. If you feel the need to take forever to post up your thoughts, just remember that some of us don't have the patience to read it. That was why I posted it. I post how I feel, PM me with whatever you want, I dont care. This isn't starting a flame war, it was making a comment about the amount of effort it takes to 1, sit here and read your posts and 2, remember what the point of your post was in the beginning. I read the first 2 sentences since they had to do with me.

Ok, then I welcome an abridged version if you type one up, it just seems that after all that has gone on here in this “topic†all the flames, those asking for it to stop, those trying to get it through to others why things are the way they are supposed to be, it finally stops/simmers down then someone finds it necessary to try and rekindle the flame/many times someone who has not had a chance to pipe-in but misses that we are not hot on this topic anymore and are trying to calm it down, and this fuels others again! If all attempts have failed to get people to listen up it seems you have to make people back up, think and see the bigger picture which takes a lot of words to convey, that too takes more words since not everyone can see things as clearly as you, or agree. Instead of using a hammer/harsh words or threaten to give them a warning, I try to get people to listen by approaching their intellectual side best I can, which is more intricate and detailed to describe, and then hopefully in a wider format that would be usable for the way everyone thinks, or at least as many as I can reach! To that approach I am trying to get people to think before they post instead of reacting :read: . Like I said, and it seems so many times I say points that are ignored or missed :roll: , you don’t have to take any of your time to read a post you don’t want to, or reply to it, I can’t make you and am not trying to, you can even ignore it if its not of value to you. I too post what I feel, and what I feel most is to get this board to come together more than it has been able to so far, and with the other Moderators help and the Site Admin, we will get there!

Jeff M