1995 GP door handles

cavalier6908

I have a 95 GP 2 door with the vertical door handles, I was wanting to know if there was any doors that would work on my car with the normal door handle. I am done buying the handles for this car only ones i can get is made of pot metal and i live in Indiana and i replace them atleast 2 times a year for $60 each. So would like to change them to a normal door handles and wanted to know if there was any doors that would fit right on with no custom work thanks

I've never broke a handle on any of my cars. My GP was my daily driver for over 4 years. I think everyone expects the door handle to pull the weight of the door. I always used the door handle to open the door and grabbed on top of the door and used that to continue opening it. Never had a problem.

^^ Correct.

I've owned a several 1st gen coupes, and only ever had 1 door handle fail from improper use.

X2 After that one time I've been very careful and delicate with them, especially during the winter. $60? I've bought a couple spares just in case from the j/y for $5 a piece.

I contacted the local gm dealer for a customer of mine, only to find that the door handles were discontinued. I had ordered a motormite aftermarket replacement, but the door lock cylinder wouldn't fit. :rolleyes:

These things are so common to be broken that the local wreckers around her frequently pull them off the car as soon as it comes in and sell them at the counter refurbished. I have never priced one out though.

Jamie

I contacted the local gm dealer for a customer of mine, only to find that the door handles were discontinued. I had ordered a motormite aftermarket replacement, but the door lock cylinder wouldn't fit. :rolleyes:

That's why the j/y is your friend for OEM.