RPM At Highway Speed

ZeeQuick

it also depends on the gear the selector is in... if its in 4th, the PCM will engine brake on it's own regardless of gear. if the selector is in anything else, when you let off the gas, it will let the engine spin at the speed that the TCC would lock at...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZeeQuick

• RobertISaar

• AL

• xtremerevolution

Also, when you let off the gas or tap the brake when cruising, watch for your rpm gauge to jump up about 200 rpms or so before dropping, if it does, you know that your TCC is working and the TC is locking up because it can and will lock up in 3rd gear

Mine must work just fine, because it does that to a T. If I press the brake pedal even a hair when cruise is set, the tach jumps and I can feel it unlock, even though cruise does not disengage.

If its in D, it should not engine brake at all, it should coast only.

alldata(and therefore the FSM) is saying differently(i think, it's late).

i believe it should state that in the fourth position(OD or D depending on the car), it will disconnect the TCC and basically idle the motor, and that in a lower position, it will attempt to engine brake whenever your foot is off the throttle and at speed.