I don't think I was suppose to find this... but check it out

MommyTaz022200

I was surfing for GP infor and came across a couple links. They work for me to get in, but they say they are for GM Tech Professionals. You can even put your Vin # in and "Obtain the latest engine controller calibration information for your vehicle simply by entering the vehicle's 17 character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Vehicle calibration information includes any 1993 or later model year GM vehicle equipped with a reprogrammable engine controller (PCM or VCM)." The GM Tech Link tells some good info on problems and what to and not to fix.

http://service.gm.com/index_en-US.html

http://calid.gm.com/vci/

Do they have any info on the wiring to put a DIC in a 93? The DIC is out of a j/y car (89 I think). It has the same cluster gage as mine so I figure that it would be the right one. (I know there are vacumm and electric ones, and figure vacumm ones are for the cars with actual speedometer and odometer cables. Is this right?) Anyway it's the one with 4 larger buttons on the left, 2 larger on the top right and 4 small on the right lower. I have the clip that goes into the computer, but I had to cut it so I could get it. The yard wasn't going to open long enough for me to follow the wires to the end. I also know I need to add 2 wires to the clip for the back doors om my car to work with the DIC. If there is a such diagram how can I get one? I searched for 8+ hours on the net in the last 3 days for wiring help and I looked at my Haynes book and a printout of the wiring from Mitchel (I got a friend who uses Mitchel in his auto repair shop) and the only wire I can find is the orange power wire.

I've tried to get some info from the dealer but they think I'm crazy for doing a engine swap. can anyone with a password see if there is a diagram for a 94 bonneville firewall plug? :D

the harness I have has been cut so I need to figure out what all the wires go to. (theres multiple yellows,white,and tans.

is that posible?

I would be greatful :D :D

thanks

marcus

Does anyone know of a website that can de-code GM vin numbers, because i covered the sticker on the inside of the trunk lid with dynamat and i never wrote down wat it said.

VIN doesn't tell you much, I can decode those easily. But, with your vin I can check GM infonet at work and get a printout of all RPO codes.