would you guys buy this?

douellette

its a 2001 grand prix gtp. it has 180k miles, and im wondering if thats alot for one of those? and if itd be a better car than mine with that many miles? mines a 97 cutlass with 160k. and also the price is $1400.

has the transmission ever been replaced?

asuming it is not beat down or neglected it could be a good buy, pictures would tell more of the story though.

i think the guy said the car is all original but has been well taken care of. but i mean is that high miles for that drivetrain? ive never owned a supercharged 3800..so i dont know much about them.

I would say wait for one with less mileage...yeah 3800's are one of the best engines GM ever made, but regardless of powertrain, 180,000 miles is still 180,000 miles.

Agreed with the pictures; if its taken care of, maybe. Generally, I'd say no. For me, thats too many miles.

Yeah, in Canada that would translate to almost 300000 kilometers....and I'd never buy anything (well maybe a BMW) with that much mileage on it. On second thought...I wouldn't even buy a BMW with 300 K on it :exclaim:

My modified GTP has almost 175k and it still runs great! It's been modified since 80-90k too.

mine has 271k on original transmission. After a filter change a few weeks ago it funs amazing!

My 1998 GTP parts car has 453k on the drivetrain. Drove great still. The engine lives on in an S10 project of the guy that I am selling it to, and the transmission will be sold shortly here.

My 1998 GTP parts car has 453k on the drivetrain. Drove great still. The engine lives on in an S10 project of the guy that I am selling it to, and the transmission will be sold shortly here.

:eek: jesus...all original? or what?

thats 281k miles. ten more k then mine!

:eek: jesus...all original? or what?

Yes. However the brakes were destoryed and the struts all blown. It was scary driivng the thing to it's final resting place. But the powertrain was good still - I did a 20foot burn out with it no problem haha.

My 1990 Tgp has 166,500 miles on it and runs nice and just passed emissions easily. I just did a long burnout in it today as I was driving it to it's winter resting place! It's always a gamble buying higher mileage vehicles. The price has ro justify the gamble. That deal sounds reasonable.

of course it was well taken care of. its a GTP!! those dont get beat on and even if by some small chance that they did the engine is the most awesomest thing ever!! duh. and could totally handle it.