Where to get a Factory Service Manual for tgp?

DefEddie

This might be a dumb question,but..

Is there a separate factory service manual for the Mclaren engines?

I'm the Shelby certified tech at our Ford dealer and I don't get hard copies of a GT500 powertrain manual from Shelby. (Though I do get a hardcopy of the SVT Ford GT).

I of course have all the online access,but I don't think a hardcopy is even made.

I have no idea if the info I need is in the factory service manual or a supplement? etc..?

I need to get the bearing clearances etc.. for it and i'm thinking they might be a bit different than stock?

Anyway,any information on this would help-my other cars i've got FSM's on disk but didn't know what was available for this one.

Also,what would happen if I gave Mclaren a call with my sticker number? Would they laugh or could they fax me build or interesting info on my engine?

I have no idea if the info I need is in the factory service manual or a supplement? etc..?

I need to get the bearing clearances etc.. for it and i'm thinking they might be a bit different than stock?

I don't think there's any difference in bearing clearances for the VIN T(NA) vs VIN V(turbo) engines. There's no mention of it in the service manual and only VIN T clearances are listed for what it's worth. Nobody else has ever mentioned any different clearances in all the years I've been on these boards...and we've discussed "differences" quite a few times.

Really?

I know the performance shops/machine shops I deal with will set up bearing and ring clearances tighter or looser depending on boosted/juiced applications.

I kinda just assumed it would be different.

I'm buying the manual,so I guess i'll just look it over and do the usual.

When in doubt,break out one of smokey yunicks books and start reading. :)