Yet a couple MORE ANNOYANCES...

gmrulz4u

First, what's with the top of the Cutlass headlights and peeling? When they're new, they have that black adhesive or whatever surrounding them, but it flakes all to hell and peels etc...I'm assuming you can't just buy that shit from a dealer, so I'm basically forced to use some type of tape, right?

Also, my plates that my power windows, door locks buttons/switches sit on are starting to look ugly, and slightly scracthed/dented. My passenger one almost seems like the silver plate part, that has printed on it "Windows" and "Door Locks" in white, was coming off. So my question is, this plate, is it replacable? Is it even supposed to come off?

THANKS AGAIN!:)

I think that black stuff on the Cutlass headlights is paint!

Mine was chipping off, so I just scraped it all off.

On the 90+ with plastic headlights, there's actually a plastic bezel that snaps onto the housing instead of the paint. I have a spare off a broken headlight, but I never got ahold of another one. They need some modification (sanding I think) to fit around the glass headlights.

The plates are not available separately. I wish they were, but in my parts catalog, it looks like it only comes complete with switches and everything. They're very expensive with everything, about $70+ I think.

Oh yeah, that bezel comes in handy to protect it since I've never had any problems with the protective paint flaking off.

As for the plastic plates on interior switches.. It's time to hit the junkyard because that's the cheapest and best place to find one. I've come across cutty's crushed almost in half in some freak accidents yet some parts of the interior are in perfect shape. I've found sun visors, complete dashes, plastic trims, ashtray covers, DIC, arm rests, shift knobs,, pnuematic seat controls, etc..etc.. all looking like new.

Hit the junkyards, you might get lucky. The plates with switches come off and go on as one piece.

There's nothing in these interiors you cannot remove without damage. Just do your homework ahead of time.