1/8 times

Marcus18

I took my STE to the track tonight/this morning I ran once at 12:00 and once at 1:00. I tried to scan the first but it was on a white paper so it wouldn't scan.

people were saying stuff like "he's running that? hahah"

and "that should be funny" :twisted:

funny thing is all there imports were 9.7 and up (one made 9.7 all others were in the 10's)

5.0s were doing bad there was one there with racing slicks and a bottle in the back and he ran 9.47

first run:

15(me) car# 28(import)

---class---

1.187 ---- reaction--- 1.154

2.256 -------60ft------ 2.728

6.140 ------330ft-------7.276

8.818 ---et @ 594-----10.165

9.421 -----1/8 ET -----10.898

74.64 -----1/8mph-----63.12

second run I was asked what was done to it by a a guy in a 80 something camaro my dad just said I had tinkered with the turbo alittle. :twisted:

pic: 282859_8.jpg

the left car was a 80 something firebird that had alot of work done on it.

It's funny watching the imports put the e-brake on and rev to try and break the tires and just chirp. I go up no brake and stomp it and squeel all the way to the line.

marcus

people were saying stuff like "he's running that? hahah"

Thats what they always do. Any FWD 4-Door V-6 must be slow. They don't realize what you have. Its really funny to go out there and show them you are faster than they are.

Now, I know it is a little different in my case because our GTP is just a little quicker than your STE, but we go to the track and people are cracking up when we pull in, they think it is hilarious. Then we line up next to their 454 Chevelle, 440 Challenger, LS1 or LT1 F-Body with big huge lopey cams and beat them by 3/4 second or more in the 1/4 and they are going :shock: :?: . Then they come up and want to know how much nitrous we are spraying, then they get really pissed when we say none.

I had a guy come up to me one time at the track and say this:

"When you pulled in here I was trying to figure out exactly what you were doing here, and honestly me and my buddies were laughing at you. But damn, when I saw you pull up to the line and do that big burnout and then run the 1/4 I was really suprised. Let me tell you, you really made a believer out of me. Next time I think I'll keep my mouth shut until I see the car run."

You really just have to face it. A FWD 4 Door is not peoples general idea of a fast car, so when they see you at the track they immediately think you are slow. You really have to run the car a few times, and then they don't give you a hard time anymore, and if you are faster than them they get embarrased sometimes.

Congratulations on the awesome times!

I've takin the cat out and put a straight pipe in.

topgun 160 and 160 thermostat

cone filter behind the left headlight/infront of battery(cut the frame alittle and relocate the coolant overflow).

true cold air intake. pics:http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282859&page=3

I have to change the filter to a k&n soon as that has over 20000 miles on it.

I did the a/c fin mod.

BTW I did that run with a bad x-over

so thats the next thing to get fixed once a have something to drive while it's in the shop.

marcus

But damn, when I saw you pull up to the line and do that big burnout and then run the 1/4 I was really suprised.

it was my understanding that traction control prevented burnouts.....or can the TC in the new GTP be turned COMPLETELY off?

yah you shouldve seen the look on peoples faces when the waterpit guy had to move some cones to let me go around the water pit, they were laughing soooooooooooo hard. then i ate up that auto LT1, well, hung right with him, and that changed their thinking. he ended up running a 14.64 tho, so too bad. almost, next time...... 8)

it was my understanding that traction control prevented burnouts.....or can the TC in the new GTP be turned COMPLETELY off?

On the GTP's you can pull a fuse to disable it, but that also disables your ABS brakes so you don't really want to pull it out for normal street driving, turning off the TC with the button doesn't work though, you have to pull the fues. It is the Bonnevilles and Park Avenues and those cars that you can't turn the TC off in.

i have 2 tracks near me, i got Oxford, 1/8 mile, (closest) and New England Dragway, 1/4 mile.

just really han't had the time to hit em yet., mabey i should i am really curious how i would hold against a mid 80's camero.

I was catchiong up tho, cuz here is my slip:

React...............1.0155

60ft.................2.3886

330ft................6.3401

1/8..................9.6591

1/8mph............74.09 Almost faster!

so i woulda caught you by the 1/4mi trap, its just yoru car spools so fast that i just cant keep up.

didn't they change the rules for reaction time?

isn't the perfect reaction now 1.000 opposed to the previous .400?

if thats true, which seems more then obvious judging by your reaction time, then 1.0155 aint too shabby.

didn't they change the rules for reaction time?

isn't the perfect reaction now 1.000 opposed to the previous .400?

if thats true, which seems more then obvious judging by your reaction time, then 1.0155 aint too shabby.

this is how it goes for sanctioned events according the the rules I looked up about NHRA tracks "NHRA announced it's modifying the numerical value of a driver's reaction at each of the 23 national events, beginning with the 2003 season-opening K&N Filters Winternationals. The modification simplifies the process of understanding a driver's reaction time to activation of the green lights on the Christmas Tree. Previously, a perfect reaction time for professional and some sportsman drivers, was .400. For the remaining sportsman competitors a .500-light was considered a perfect reaction time. Under the new changes, the timing system will be modified to display a perfect reaction time as .000 for all categories. This change only applies to the 23 national events that make up the $50 million NHRA POWERade Drag Racing Series. On a pro Christmas Tree, a .399 light, or anything lower, would be considered an early start, activating the red light, which would result in a disqualification. Under the new system, a .399 will now be displayed as a -.001, a.398 will be a -.002, and so on. Anything from a perfect reaction time of .000 and above will be a legal start. The new timing system in no way affects any driver, vehicle set-up, or any other significant aspect of the competition on the drag strip."

But at local test and tunes/grudge nights, most tracks use .500 as a perfect reaction time. My local NHRA track does(Atlanta Dragway)

i always sleep off the line. i dont know y, its just weird. i go when the green light goes green, not when the 2nd yellow gos. thats fucked up. time should start on green, not the fucking 2nd yellow. so i go on green, and ive onyl red lit once out of a total of 31 runs. and that was cuz the guy beside me also red lighted. at the pueblo, CO track i got real used to it and cranked out a .514, which is dynamite. but who cares? times dont start till ya leave, so i say fuck it and go on green. my best in MO was a .642. and that was only 1 of 2 that were below 1 second. and i made 16 runs there. so oh well, doesnt matter. the times are what matter!