My car is not for sale.

94 olds vert

Kapeesh?

do you mean "capeesh"? ....if that is what you meant, then my answer is no

FTR, it's "Capice"

in italian it is actually "capisce".....this is America and in Engish, capeesh is an accepted spelling...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• Twenty

• GP1138

• 94 olds vert

Top Posters In This Topic

Kapeesh?

do you mean "capeesh"? ....if that is what you meant, then my answer is no and no amount of stories about random orange 80s cars will change that.... a white '94 with red interior is a very easily replaceable car.....now if the car was a black ext/white interior '95 'vert then that would be a different story

There are a coupe of spellings, but yes, 'capeesh' is it.

Now please read and try to comprehend what we are saying instead of being rude and saying he's a fool for going with his choice. It doesn't matter if it's replaceable or not. It's about how he values it. The 'random orange 80's car' story is an example. It's replaceable but that one particular car is the one that was special.

It's his car, his money, his opinion, and his judgement. He values the car, so he has every right to keep it and enjoy it. End of story.

Ya, but I want my car, nothing else. I bought it to keep it. Not to make money off it. If I had bought it to make money off it then it'd be a different story and you would all be yelling at me.

Now please read and try to comprehend what we are saying instead of being rude and saying he's a fool for going with his choice. It doesn't matter if it's replaceable or not. It's about how he values it. The 'random orange 80's car' story is an example. It's replaceable but that one particular car is the one that was special.

It's his car, his money, his opinion, and his judgement. He values the car, so he has every right to keep it and enjoy it. End of story.

I completely read and even comprehended everything that has been posted so far, but the beauty of everything is that I do not have to agree with you nor do you with me. You think it is was a smart move to keep it, I think it was foolish.

My grandpa still has a car he bought from 1965. And all his kids drove it to college and now its my car and I wouldn't sell no matter the price. I have a hard time letting go of something like that.

That's kinda what I want my car to be.

I completely read and even comprehended everything that has been posted so far, but the beauty of everything is that I do not have to agree with you nor do you with me. You think it is was a smart move to keep it, I think it was foolish.

I try to explain his rationale by giving an example and you dismiss it as a random story.

Your argument is that just because it's replaceable, it means that he should sell it. Explanations as to why it's more than that to him seem to be ignored.

You also say that since he's only had it a month he should sell it. He explained that he hunted for it, so is it not okay for him to want to enjoy the results of his effort for more than just a month?

At the very least stop calling him a fool for doing what he wanted to do.

My grandpa still has a car he bought from 1965. And all his kids drove it to college and now its my car and I wouldn't sell no matter the price. I have a hard time letting go of something like that.

Amen.

One of our cars is a Lincoln Continental that my father inherited from his father. The current value for it is around the $10-12K mark, but to my father and I it's priceless. We both know that it'll never be sold, and it'll be handed down to me eventually to keep and in turn hopefully pass on to my kids.

Sure, we could buy another one, even one identical to it, but this particular one is very special to us and no amount of money will ever make us sell it.

I looked at a lot of 'verts before buying this one. Most were too expensive or rusted out and beat on.

I actually found this one when out driving the corvair and took another way becuase they were repaving a street and didn't want to drive her down a dirt road.

The corvair has a red interior and my car has a red interior so right then I wanted the car.

I try to explain his rationale by giving an example and you dismiss it as a random story.

Your argument is that just because it's replaceable, it means that he should sell it. Explanations as to why it's more than that to him seem to be ignored.

You also say that since he's only had it a month he should sell it. He explained that he hunted for it, so is it not okay for him to want to enjoy the results of his effort for more than just a month?

At the very least stop calling him a fool for doing what he wanted to do.

you should really stop posting with the intentions of changing my mind....it isn't going to happen....you are correct, he has every right to do what he wants to with the car, but that doesn't mean that the decision is a smart one

you should really stop posting with the intentions of changing my mind....it isn't going to happen....you are correct, he has every right to do what he wants to with the car, but that doesn't mean that the decision is a smart one

There you go again. You are insisting he's stupid for going with what he wanted to do.

I am trying to change your attitude, but it seems to be a lost cause.

To me rusted out is a hole. That isn't a whole yet and it will give me something to do in auto shop.

the rust in that picture is very bad and starts from the inside out....I guarantee the underside of that car is eaten alive with rust....and what about the rust in the trunk you pushed a hole through?

So I pulled some carpet off in the trunk and wow I could press a whole right threw it. So I guess I am going to use some bondo on it. And red neck it back together.

There you go again. You are insisting he's stupid for going with what he wanted to do.

so what you are saying is that I have to agree and say that he made a smart decision???? Am I not entitled to mine opinion, like you are to yours?

It's not a smart decision! How old are you?

I don't know the veracity of what he's telling us, but someone hands you twice the value of your car in cash and you turn it down?? That is a stupid financial decision any way you slice it. Emotion doesn't enter into it at that point. I can buy another car I'll love just as much.

It may have been a smart emotional decision but not financially smart. And yeah, that rust there... I would have taken his offer no questions asked. Even if he took it down $1000, actually.

Wow, this turned out to be quite a flame war...

I agree he should have sold it, but thats me, and not him. Let him have his car, and call it a day.

so what you are saying is that I have to agree and say that he made a smart decision???? Am I not entitled to mine opinion, like you are to yours?

No. You are entitled to your own opinion, but you are purposely insulting him because to you, his opinion is inferior to yours. You can say "I'd sell it if I were you", that's fine-but putting him down is not.

If I called you stupid for wanting to sell it you'd be upset.

It's not a smart decision! How old are you?

I don't know the veracity of what he's telling us, but someone hands you twice the value of your car in cash and you turn it down?? That is a stupid financial decision any way you slice it. Emotion doesn't enter into it at that point. I can buy another car I'll love just as much.

I have the feeling that I am trying to explain good vs. bad financial decisions to a couple of high school students ......

I don't want to come across as rude, but did you two even read the posts above?

Amen.

One of our cars is a Lincoln Continental that my father inherited from his father. The current value for it is around the $10-12K mark, but to my father and I it's priceless. We both know that it'll never be sold, and it'll be handed down to me eventually to keep and in turn hopefully pass on to my kids.

Sure, we could buy another one, even one identical to it, but this particular one is very special to us and no amount of money will ever make us sell it.

Now, can this topic be locked? I am growing tired of the war that's being waged.

If you're tired of a thread, there's always the option of NOT replying to it anymore. :wink:

I would have strongly considered selling the car myself if the guy was making a serious offer. Most people that offer a dollar amount for a car they have no prior knowledge of/haven't checked out are full of shit anyway.