contemplating trading my 2000 lumina for a 2000 intrigue. Need opinions

rockfangd

Ok so the blue oldsmobile intrigue that i had for sale in the FS section has now got a different engine so once i saw the car again i cant help but think of how much i like the car.

So I have the opportunity to trade my 2000 chevrolet lumina for this 2000 oldsmobile intrigue.

I would like some opinions on this

Also saturday i will be completely inspecting the car and would like to know if there is anything i should be looking for.

I want to make sure i am making the right decision

well today i checked out the car and It has 2 oil leaks, and i swear I can hear a rapping noise that is coming from the top end.

The noise sounds identical(just not as pronounced )as the sound of the other engine.

I think i am going to have to pass on this one

Well I think i know why the engine is making the similair noise as the other one.

I am like 99% sure that the engine was never even touched :eek:

I started looking things over under the hood and nothing looks like it was touched at all.

all of the hoses, electrical connectors, bolts, retainers. Nothing looks touched.

I checked the hood alignment and it is not at all changed.

I checked the subframe bolts and found them rusted over like nothing was ever done.

Also the other engine had a bad power steering pump, and tensioner, as does this one ????

So i Flipped out on the dealer and the dealer tried saying that we had a verbal agreement which was not confirmed, and also i stated that I was going to do a complete inspection before I even decided.

Is there any other way to know for sure that nothing has been done to the engine.

It seems to me that maybe the oil was changed with a thicker oil?

It sounds like you should just not even consider the car. If there is a significant potential for problems and the Lumina runs fine. Keep the Lumina. Sounds like the dealer is trying to screw you. That is always bad news.

There is a laser etched VIN number on the back of the block, if they said they did a swap it will be very clear if not if the numbers are the same for the car as the vin on the engine. Sounds like you got fucked.!

There is a laser etched VIN number on the back of the block, if they said they did a swap it will be very clear if not if the numbers are the same for the car as the vin on the engine. Sounds like you got fucked.!

Rephrase that. DId not get fucked. lol I kept my lumina :mrgreen:

No whoever paid the dealership to swap the engine got fucked. I would never say that the acquisition of an Intrigue would be remotely to close to a fucking. IMHO an Intrigue with a bad engine is better than a brand new lumina, you should know this by now.

I fully agree but To me it is not worth the hassle when the lumina is already driving. It goes either way by eiter he knew they didnt change the engine and tried to pawn it or he got screwed. either is possible