cut my catalytic convertor off

sloick

on my way back from the last Dayton meet, I was driving at least 80 the whole way ....and above 100 for quite some time (Buck can verify this) and I still pulled shy of 28...I didn't think I'd do that good.

That's pretty good. The only time I hit 100+ on that whole trip was in central Florida when I was cruising with a newer Z06 and a CTS-V....we cruised at 100-110 for a good 10 miles or so.........my DIC got down to like 30.1.... then once I simmered down from that... went back up. The only part of that whole drive where i can recall it went slightly under 30.0 was in central Pennsylvania going thru the mountains (went down to like 29.8 for a few miles).........but once I got into NY it gets flat again and went back up to 30-31. Not too shabby for a low 13 second 3500lb car. :cool:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobertISaar

• 9lumina6

• xtremerevolution

• sloick

I'm not running a cat on any of my 3 cars....oops :psyduck:

They all run better w/o them....especially in the honda....I get WAY better mileage w/ a straight pipe on there....

x2..........when I drove back up here from Florida.... I reset my fuel economy on my DIC in the GTP and from Sarasota, FL to Rochester, NY (about 1400 miles) it NEVER went under 30.0 the entire trip. My final average MPG when I pulled into my mom's driveway here was 31.1 And I had an extra 300lbs of stuff in my car...and was doing 80mph most of the way. Not having a CAT & having headers and 3'' catback FTW.

How does that car sound though? It's hard to make a 3800 sound good.

OK... I just got home from cruising with a friend who cut off his cat today (for shits and giggles because he is getting all new exhaust soon)

Those of you that say you can't smell the difference with no cat, honestly you should go see a doctor! Something is wrong with your nose... Its all I could smell being behind the guy!

Jamie

werd, my sinuses are totally fucked right now and I could still smell Ryans T/A clearly.

Not hard for the eco-police to pick it out thats for sure.

werd, my sinuses are totally fucked right now and I could still smell Ryans T/A clearly.

Not hard for the eco-police to pick it out thats for sure.

Isn't that the truth! I think your nose is plugged up more than his cat was! :lol: :lol:

Jamie

I'm not running a cat on any of my 3 cars....oops :psyduck:

They all run better w/o them....especially in the honda....I get WAY better mileage w/ a straight pipe on there....

x2..........when I drove back up here from Florida.... I reset my fuel economy on my DIC in the GTP and from Sarasota, FL to Rochester, NY (about 1400 miles) it NEVER went under 30.0 the entire trip. My final average MPG when I pulled into my mom's driveway here was 31.1 And I had an extra 300lbs of stuff in my car...and was doing 80mph most of the way. Not having a CAT & having headers and 3'' catback FTW.

How does that car sound though? It's hard to make a 3800 sound good.

I've never actually heard my car from WOT outside my own car. But from what everyone tells me that has heard it, it sounds pretty decent. I hate how it sounds from inside the car..... but inside and outside noises are completely different. The only camera I have that takes sound doesnt even pick up the sound of it that well for some reason, the tone of it... idk why. You just gotta hear it in person.

Ohio E-Check doesn't require your car be tested once it's 25 yrs. old. We haven't had to take our '78 K20 Silverado in for years :biggrin: Wish it were 15 years instead and I would rip the cat off my Z34 same day.

Ohio E-Check doesn't require your car be tested once it's 25 yrs. old. We haven't had to take our '78 K20 Silverado in for years :biggrin: Wish it were 15 years instead and I would rip the cat off my Z34 same day.

Here in NY they have the annual State Inspection. If the vehicle is 2 model years old or less, 25 model years old or more.....the vehicle just gets the safety check. (in wich case the vehicle gets an inspection sticker for the windshield with the designated color for that year with a white circle in the middle) If the vehicle is 3 to 24 model years old it gets a safety & emissions inspection (the inspection sticker is the designated color for that year w/o the white circle, whole sticker is the 1 color...........in all counties accept the 5 counties that are NYC and the 2 counties on LI....they just check to see if the emissions equipment is there....it technically does not have to be functional. All diesel vehicles under 8000lbs do not get emissions inspected in NYS...reguardless of age. All vehicles 1996 or newer have to be plugged into the state with the OBD2 port during inspection..... if theres any check engine light for any reason.....the vehicle automatically fails.

-All vehicles that only need the Safety inspection only costs $10.00

-All vehicles that require the emissions/safety inspection cost $21.00.........and thats annually

Just to give you an idea of how NYS f**cks its residents

illinois too!

The smog laws out in Cali have to be a b**ch.............one of my best friends moved out to Long Beach back in Feb. from Pittsburgh, Pa.............he's got a 2000 WS6 6 spd, ram air, t-tops......they made him put his stock intake back on...cause he had a K&N FIPK for the ram air.......had to get 2 CAT's for it and put a stock catback on it and replace all the o2's to pass Smog out there

there's a reason cali is failing........

Yep, and I'm shipping back out to Illinois. Like I said, all cars before 1996 don't need to pass smog. FTW!!!

Yep, and I'm shipping back out to Illinois. Like I said, all cars before 1996 don't need to pass smog. FTW!!!

Yes they do, they tend to be the gross polluters! 96 and up vehicles make up the majority!!

All of you quit being a 1970s rednecks and put a damn properly working convertors on your cars.. Jeebus, they arent robbing any power. Now your stock highmileage junk convertor was, but a new one on your stock vehicle...pffft :lol:

And anyone that thinks otherwise, get some dyno sheets up.

Yes they do, they tend to be the gross polluters! 96 and up vehicles make up the majority!!

All of you quit being a 1970s rednecks and put a damn properly working convertors on your cars.. Jeebus, they arent robbing any power. Now your stock highmileage junk convertor was, but a new one on your stock vehicle...pffft :lol:

Well, I meant in Illinois, they're not required to pass a smog check. I registered my Regal last year by just walking into the DMV. Took a whole of 30 minutes.

I'd have to disagree with the "gross polluter" label.

Definitely true in the days of carbuerators, but with the advent of fuel injection and computer controls, not so much.

Mind you, I'm not saying that the car doesn't produce more pollutants without the cat, but even without, we're not talking about the levels seen in earlier cars.

I'd have to disagree with the "gross polluter" label.

Definitely true in the days of carbuerators, but with the advent of fuel injection and computer controls, not so much.

Mind you, I'm not saying that the car doesn't produce more pollutants without the cat, but even without, we're not talking about the levels seen in earlier cars.

i think there was sarcasm in the refered statement....